Re: Wraps dont retrieve from the server

by MediocreSniper

Original Post

Wraps dont retrieve from the server

★ Apprentice

Hi again,

I've got my game reset and got it back, but now when i go to wraps and colour it says "retrieving your custom wraps from server".
I've played for 30min went back and it still was retrieving the wraps.
Someone know how to fix this or had the same issue?

Thanks

Message 2 of 26 (4,741 Views)

CPU issues (using 100%) & Body paint / wraps issues

★★★★ Novice

Hello.

I do love this game, but I have 2 different problems.
- First one : I have a 70 to 80% CPU Usage in NFS Heat  (and I known I'm not the only one). Nothing to say, I don't know why, I tried to do something about it but it failed. 

- Second one : I tried to customize my fresh new car today, a pretty nice GTR. BUT I can't even change the body paint because it says "Retriving your custom wraps" everywhere. I can't even download wraps made by the community because the game tells me I need to open wraps slots even if I never downloaded one.

Can I have some help/answears/informations about anything ?

Message 1 of 26 (4,666 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@COD3Z3R0 I'm having the same problem too. I even cleared cache on PC. Still stuck at retrieving wraps.
Message 3 of 26 (4,704 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah been playing for 2h now after the wrap problem, still nothing changed

Message 4 of 26 (4,682 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exact same issue here (PC Player)

When I first launched the game I played a couple of hours and had no problems whatsoever with customization. After I relaunched the game I suddenly had a different car than the one I originally chose, a different character and 0$, meaning I lost about 3 hours of progression. Only thing that hadn't changed was my rep level. (joy!)
Since then the server hasn't been able to "retrieve your wraps" either. I also can not download "community wraps" as it says that my "slots are full" (haven't downloaded a single wrap btw, and only customized 1 myself). So there is no way I can wrap my cars as of right now, which is about 50% the fun of the whole effing game.

Found several threads dating back since 2015 of other NFS games from people with the exact same issue. Only thing EA can come up with is connection / port forwarding issues, which I know for a fact isn't the case since I got that all sorted. Knowing EA they will just ignore this issue, again.

For some people it worked after relaunching their game or after restarting their pc. Not for me though.

Message 5 of 26 (4,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this same issue all day, I'm so glad I'm not alone. I was already so disappointed with how short the story was, I hope they can figure this out ASAP.

Message 6 of 26 (4,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ddillonn (I'm also on PC. Using a gigabit, ethernet connection)

EA needs to get on it. Regardless of how unpredictable a bug like this may be, it has happened in previous NFS games. Big, $60 titles like this cannot have issues like this on launch, especially when the game is already noticeably rushed.
Message 7 of 26 (4,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I've done every troubleshooting method I have found to no avail. 

Message 8 of 26 (4,633 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah ive even reinstalled the game, did the 'repair game' thing on origin still no success. Really getting pissed of that ea still didn't answer on my messages.

Ive lost my character too lost all my cars and money expect my level. My cars look really sad now with the stock paint, cant even change the color of the car cause it gets seen as "Wrap" even tough its just paint. hope they fix this soon cause this really screwed up my experience 

Message 9 of 26 (4,598 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just to save you guys some time, deleting origin cache data doesn't work either.

Pretty much tried every single thing EA ever recommended in regards to this error, nothing works.

Question: when did this first happen to you guys?

Did it happen from the first time you launched the game, or did it happen after you clicked the option to sync your online with your offline (don't know what exactly it said, but for me it started when I clicked this "sync" thing it prompted me, making me lose all progress as well).

Someone else mentioned the same issue, making me think this is just some sort of synchronization error on EA's side, which we can do very little about I'm afraid.

Message 10 of 26 (4,572 Views)