Work-around for SSL Connection Error

by NHL_Live_Support

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Work-around for SSL Connection Error

[ Edited ]
EA NHL Team

***Edit: This issue should be resolved now. Please try logging in again and report back if that's working or not. If any of you disabled Two Factor Authentication, make sure it is re-enabled. Thank you!***

Message 6 of 114 (43,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Work-around for SSL Connection Error

Community Manager

Hello, everyone. It's possible this issue has now been resolved. Can you all please try logging in again? Let me know if it works or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 93 of 114 (6,506 Views)

All Replies

NHL 23 SSL Error

★★★ Newbie

Seen this error in the FIFA thread, but I have yet to see it mentioned for NHL 23.

Bought the game earlier, waited forever for it to download and now I can't play it because I get a "Cannot communicate using SSL" error. I have tried the possible solutions mentioned in the FIFA threads and online, but all I get is a white screen when loading the game. I can't even make it to the main menu.

The annoying thing is, I only have until tomorrow to redeem the Mighty Ducks stuff in Ultimate Team but I can't do that unless I can actually get onto the game.

Can anyone help???

Message 1 of 114 (24,759 Views)

Re: NHL 23 SSL Error

★★★ Newbie

Same stuff here man. This is so frustrating. I’ve re started. I’ve rebuilt my data base. I have no idea what to do anymore. I’m going bonkers.

Message 2 of 114 (24,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie
ERROR: 0x00000023
SSLError: 0x00000000
SSL connect error

This is what I get and I’m so angry. I’ve tried so many times
Message 3 of 114 (24,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't even get that on the PS4, all I get is "Cannot communicate using SSL" followed by a white screen that I can't even leave without closing the application. I need to access Ultimate Team in order to claim the Mighty Ducks content before tomorrow which is annoying me more than anything.

Message 4 of 114 (24,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem! I want my Ducks stuff! 

Message 5 of 114 (24,588 Views)

Message 7 of 114 (24,553 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didn't work for me. I don't even have the verification turned on.

Message 8 of 114 (24,334 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unlink your PSN account from your EA account then launch NHL again. It should prompt you to log back into your EA account so your PS is linked again.

Might take a few attempts but this solved it for me. If it doesn't prompt you to link your accounts on 23 then just load up an older NHL game and do it from there. If it comes up saying you can't connect to EA servers, just keep trying - it'll work eventually.

Message 9 of 114 (24,307 Views)

Re: Work-around for SSL Connection Error

★★★ Newbie
@NHL_Live_Support What if you don't have a 2 step verification?
Message 10 of 114 (34,893 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help