Re: Won't sync with Cloud Data

by keiichi25

Original Post

EA DICE Team

Hey.@Major-Band1t

We are looking into this issue, so far we have not seen any workaround for players to use to fix it temporarily. It affects other games and not only SWBF2. With that in mind, the Origin team is looking into the problem. 😊

/Atic

Message 41 of 50 (1,115 Views)

Hero

@EA_Atic wrote:

Hey.@Major-Band1t

We are looking into this issue, so far we have not seen any workaround for players to use to fix it temporarily. It affects other games and not only SWBF2. With that in mind, the Origin team is looking into the problem. 😊

/Atic

very helpful to know it impacts multiple Origin games

Thanks, @EA_Atic

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 42 of 50 (1,110 Views)

Champion
Hey @DarthFDG, Yes, comforting to know that the scope is much larger than just our few computers. BTW, all the work you do is awesome to determine what may be causing all the issues. There are many who support and help and you do an excellent job.
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 43 of 50 (1,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It still happening for me too.  I only play like once a day, and I tried everything suggested and still see it.

Message 44 of 50 (1,036 Views)

Champion
Hang in there. It is a known issue. They are working on a fix.

You can turn it off and if you only use 1 system to play it will not matter. On Origin in settings top option Cloud saves turn off. Watch this issue for updates and when fixed you can change it back. GLHF.

FYI I don’t work for ea. Just a fellow gamer helping out!!
Message 45 of 50 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if this will help but, my situation is a little different. I have the same sync issue but it is different because I purchased this game a few months ago and haven't had a chance to play it until now. Except it says that I have save data and that I have played for less then an hour. When I don't even remember trying to start the game until now. I installed it but never played. Maybe this means nothing or maybe to a dev it does mean something, either way i have the same issue and have tried everything here with no luck. I am glad this is a known issue, i really want to play.  

Message 46 of 50 (993 Views)

Champion

@Mads0n69 wrote:

I don't know if this will help but, my situation is a little different. I have the same sync issue but it is different because I purchased this game a few months ago and haven't had a chance to play it until now. Except it says that I have save data and that I have played for less then an hour.  I am glad this is a known issue, i really want to play.  

No worries.  You can try the turn the cloud save option off. It will not hurt your progress, unless you sign on from a different place. The game sends the data to the cloud regardless so it has a record of where you are. This option just lets the game know where to find your data.

They will get it fixed soon.

I don't work for EA, just here helping other players. If you like the suggestion or comments, please give XP. If a suggestion worked for you, Give XP and Accept as Solution.

Message 47 of 50 (975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for responding to my comment. 

I guess that is the weird thing about this is that I shouldn't have any progress because I have never played the game. So there shouldn't even be any cloud or local saves for this to look for and try to sync. I have turned off cloud save for the game and in origins settings. Still the same thing. 

Message 48 of 50 (961 Views)

Champion
Looks like they fixed it with the origin update.
Just played, waited about 3 mins after playing then exited........ No request for cloud save..
Message 49 of 50 (886 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone!

I can officially confirm that the issue with cloud data sync has been resolved Standard smile

Please let us know if you encounter any more problems with this feature after you install the latest Origin update.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 50 of 50 (2,024 Views)