Won't launch game

by superstarash

Original Post

Won't launch game

★★ Novice

Game won't launch syncs with cloud

then does the first load box then just closes and i can click play again, restarted computer, verified files... updated game.

still doesn't want to let me play..

Message 1 of 100 (10,121 Views)

Re: Won't launch game

★★★★★ Apprentice

Allow the game to your antivirus or disable and then try launching the game

Message 2 of 100 (10,072 Views)

Community Manager

@lolly1003 wrote:

Allow the game to your antivirus or disable and then try launching the game

@superstarash 

Did this help you out? Some programs running in the background and anti-viruses can cause download issues with Origin if not added to the exceptions list. Let us know if this or anything else helped you out so others can find it useful.

Thanks for joining us at launch! Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 100 (10,031 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Sorry to jump into someone else's thread, but I'm having the same issue. I've disabled everything I can think of, and added anything related to Origin to the exceptions list in Windows Defender, but no luck. I click play, it syncs with the cloud, origin minimizes, I stare at my desktop for a few seconds, and then Origin comes back up.

My gpu drivers are up to date, and I have also uninstalled/reinstalled along with repairing/verifying the games files. Please help :c
Message 4 of 100 (9,977 Views)

Jedi Fallen Order ISSUE LAUNCHING

★★★ Newbie

JFOissue.jpg

When I attempt to launch the game the title banner comes up and then nothing happens. I cannot close the game.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 5 of 100 (9,968 Views)

My game will not start

★★★★★ Newbie

I open Origin, click on the game, press play, and the attached image shows whats on my screen but that's all that happens. I waited for 30 min and else nothing happened. I went in and updated my graphics card driver, restarted my computer, and tried again only to get the same result. What should i do?

Message 6 of 100 (10,008 Views)

Re: Jedi Fallen Order ISSUE LAUNCHING

@Kira4ver  I've moved your post to the Jedi Fallen Order tech section.  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post, and hopefully someone will be able to help you here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 100 (9,946 Views)

Re: My game will not start

I'm moving this to the 'technical issues' forum for better visibility.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 100 (9,975 Views)

★★ Novice

I have same problems

Message 9 of 100 (9,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem. Sitting here watching the monitor as if it's gonna start. Oh well, should've expected something like this... hope it gets some kind of fix anytime soon.

Update: If you start the exe file in the installation directory in administrator mode, it starts up without any problem for me. Don't know why though.

Message 10 of 100 (9,918 Views)