Re: Won't launch game

by papalaaa14

Original Post

So I had the exact same problem launching the game, wethe...

★★★★ Novice

So I had the exact same problem launching the game, wether it be from origin launcer or from the .exe icon (Program files x86 -> Origin games -> Jedi Fallen Order -> SwGame -> Binaries -> Win64) 

There was only a banner showing, nothing else, it could stay like that for hours, untile I shut it down from task manager.

Many think that you cant close it, as it doesnt show on top in task manager, just scroll down, you'll find it.

First thing I did was:

• Update my GPU driver, because I had old drivers, duh.
  • Make an exception for the whole Origin folder and game folder in my antivirus.
  • Made sure my firewall was letting origin and SWJFO go online. 
  • Tried running the .exe file as admin. 

Nothing of the above worked. 

I then did this:

• Went into properties of the .exe file, and marked the checkbox for "run as admin", to always run it as admin. 
  • Turned off my antivirus. 

With the two things above done, I can start the game with no problem. I just have to right click and run the .exe as admin. I still cant run the game by launching it from Origin, or by simply double tapping the .exe. 

So guys, basically, disable antivirus, go into properties of the .exe and mark the checkbox for always run as admin, and then start the game by right clicking and run as admin. A friend of mine had the exact same problem, he tried this and it worked for him. 

Message 71 of 100 (2,146 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I was able to play for the first few days, then steam updated the game and now it doesn't launch.  It appears to be the ealink.exe for me(see image).  I don't see any way to get it working. I chatted with ea help and they just gave me the run of the mill responses. They gave me the following link for anyone with a dll error: https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-err...

Message 72 of 100 (2,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I just want to say what a bummer to see all the new razer gtx1650 models sharing the issue. This piece wasn't cheap i'm fortunate as this is a company expense not a personal one, but for everyone else damn.... If anyone with this model has it working please share troubleshooting methods or ways you altered setting/programs DL if you had to at all. thank you!! from all us bummed razer users.....

Message 73 of 100 (2,057 Views)

★ Novice

I was playing the game just fine until an update today. After that, my game will not launch through origin. When I press the play button it gets lighter but never launches. I uninstalled and reinstalled both origin and the game. No worky.

Message 74 of 100 (2,033 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I guess I at least feel better since it seems to be a systemic issue with the new Razer Blade Stealth / Intel 10th gen. A patch should fix this, but in the meantime I signed up for Origin Premier specifically to play this game and I can't. EA should be offering people an extension due to this issue.

Message 75 of 100 (1,976 Views)

★ Novice

It isn't restricted to Intel 10th Gen. I just tried it on my old laptop and it still isnt working

Message 76 of 100 (1,969 Views)

★★ Novice
@zornroar I have an 8th gen 8700k and mine doesnt work. This issue doesnt discriminate
Message 77 of 100 (1,958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

guys/gals no-one is saying other models aren't having the same issue..roar was just responding to my comment for a particular brand and model to share empathy. We are all well aware many people have the same issue as we are all scouring forums for answers like these. With that said anyone with razer gtx1650 models have this game running? @zornroar I was thinking to sign up for premiere but decided to wait till issue resolved but definitely something to bring up to EA!

Message 78 of 100 (1,928 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@OMW2SYGirl If I knew the game wouldn't launch I would have waited to subscribe too Wink
Message 79 of 100 (1,914 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

So I tried everything under the sun yesterday and couldn't get it to work.  Now today I got on and tried running steam in compatibility mode for windows 8(i am on win10 and tried this yesterday) and it fired up.  I wasn't able to get to the banner even yesterday.  Very odd.  i'll keep ya'll updated if anything changes. There still appears to be an issue for a lot of people so I hope they work on a fix for this.  I don't believe it is functioning as it should for everyone's systems

Message 80 of 100 (1,862 Views)