Won't connect me to game when partied up

by Gamer32001

Original Post

Won't connect me to game when partied up

★★ Novice

Since the last 2 days I've had an issue with matchmaking. It takes forever for me to join a friends party, and even after i join i don't see my friends in the lobby but they can see me. When i ready up i cant see that I've readied up but my friends can see that I've readied up. I also join the game a long time after my friends join, and it skips the entire legends selection screen. Every 3 games i wont join the game at all but my friends join the game. If i try to leave the party and rejoin it wont let me leave the party even if i press leave party countless times. This problem doesn't happen when i'm playing solo, but only when i'm partied up. I would really appreciate a fix for this. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11 (6,566 Views)

Re: Won't connect me to game when partied up

Community Manager

Hey @Gamer32001

Let's try running through some connectivity troubleshooting steps to see if we can help with the issues you've been seeing. 

When you have the chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps. If you're still having trouble after that check out the platform-specific steps as well: 

- PC

- Xbox One

- PlayStation 4

Let me know how it goes when you have a chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 11 (6,512 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there. I've tried everything thats listed but the issue is still there.

Message 3 of 11 (6,482 Views)

Community Manager

@Gamer32001 

Thanks for giving it a shot. 

Do you know if you and your squad mates are connecting to the same datacenter on the title screen? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 11 (6,462 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem , And yes I did everything you asked I also deleted the game And reinstalled it that didn’t work and either Me and my teammates are on the same server or a different service the problem exists. And it’s really bad. 

Message 5 of 11 (6,446 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Yeah we're on the same servers but its still happening.
Message 6 of 11 (6,437 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the details everyone. 

I'll forward this up to the team. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 11 (6,397 Views)

★ Novice

It still won’t let me connect to the game when I’m in a party but I have no issue running solo

Message 8 of 11 (5,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah, same here, im connected through an ethernet cable, so in terms of any connectivity issues, there's slim to none. It only occurs when im queued up with my friends. My friends get into the legend select screen while im stuck in the lobby, readied up. Also, it says that it's 'connecting to match' and does not allow me to cancel the matchmaking, the cancel button in greyed out, forcing me to manually leave the party. I have tried restarting the client but it still doesnt work. 

Message 9 of 11 (5,438 Views)

so i’ve been having this problem with apex the past few t...

★★★ Newbie

so i’ve been having this problem with apex the past few times i’ve tried to play, everytime i try to load into a game i get stuck in the lobby screen, i’ve checked everything, everything else is good i can see my friends when i join party’s i checked my ping and it’s stable the servers aren’t down, i’ve switched my wifi on and off, i have no idea why it’s happening now because it was working 2-3 days ago, i’ll appreciate any help!.

Message 10 of 11 (3,567 Views)