Won't Launch - Black Screen Crash

by 1463_Nathan

Original Post

Won't Launch - Black Screen Crash

★ Novice

When I boot the game (never ran it before just installed) it windows itself then it goes fullscreen I get the origin notification in the bottom right then it crashes no error message or anything I checked all my drivers are up to date verified game files and rebooted my computer numerous amounts of times not sure what the issue is.

My PC Spec:

i7-3770

GTX 1060 (6 GB)

16GB DDR3

Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Message 1 of 4 (437 Views)

Re: Won't Launch - Black Screen Crash

EA DICE Team

Hey, @1463_Nathan make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Need for Speed: HEAT and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic thanks for your response I checked my graphics drivers (Last updated 26/01/2021) but deleted and reinstalled them anyway and windows drivers seem to be up to date. That being said I've attached my Dxdiag for you I can send as screenshots if it is easier. Thanks once again for your response and time Standard smile 

Message 3 of 4 (369 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks @1463_Nathan 

If you run Origin and Need for Speed: Heat as admin and also do a run with CCleaner on your PC. 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 4 (286 Views)