Re: Windows mouse showing in game

by ItsThePatMan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Windows mouse showing in game

★★★ Novice

I can't play the game after the last patch. My Windows mouse shows in game, and I can't do any mouse commands. Unplayable at this point.

I have 160 hours already, so it just started happening.

I have turned off all overlays...EA,Steam and AMD.

Message 1 of 14 (489 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Hey there,

I reached out to some buddies who mentioned having a similar issue. They said to press the "windows" key and click back into BF. This actually worked. I have to do it each time I open the game up, but it works 100% of the time.

Weirdly enough, the game settings say I am in Fullscreen yet when I launch the game it is 1/4 of my screen, I am not running any virtual resolution settings in AMD. I have had to do this prior because even though the settings say I am in Fullscreen its not displaying as such. The only remedy was to change it to windowed and back to Fullscreen. I am surprised this has not been reported as its on Reddit.

Anyways, my issue seems resolved enough to play the game. 

Thank you for your time Leeuw.

See you on the Battlefield.

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (357 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @ItsThePatMan,

Have you tried to alt-enter already by any chance?

(This should switch you between screen modes of the game, maybe that does the trick?)

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 14 (462 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, no dice. It didn't produce any fix while in game. The mouse still shows and does not allow any mouse functionality. Bummer, cause I was someone who actually enjoyed this game. This update finally killed my experience. Unplayable.

Message 3 of 14 (442 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd like to clarify that the EA launcher update is what killed this game for me. It did not work once it was forced on me over Origin.

RX 6950xt, Ryzen 9 5900x.

I'm honestly not sure what you guys at EA are doing but QC is clearly not in the cards. 

Message 4 of 14 (428 Views)

Community Manager
@ItsThePatMan, are you using any Overlays by any chance? Or custom K&M software?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 5 of 14 (408 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry for the previous rude reply.

I am not using any overlays. EA overlay is turned off. AMD overlay is turned off. I am not using any additional mouse/keyboard software.

Game worked prior to EA Launcher. I was using Origin before and it worked fine.

Message 6 of 14 (396 Views)

Community Manager
@ItsThePatMan, no need to apologise.

I honestly doubt that the EA app has broken the game for you, otherwise we would have seen more reports about this issue.

What is your monitor size, if I may ask? Is it an ultrawide by any chance?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 7 of 14 (374 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey there,

I reached out to some buddies who mentioned having a similar issue. They said to press the "windows" key and click back into BF. This actually worked. I have to do it each time I open the game up, but it works 100% of the time.

Weirdly enough, the game settings say I am in Fullscreen yet when I launch the game it is 1/4 of my screen, I am not running any virtual resolution settings in AMD. I have had to do this prior because even though the settings say I am in Fullscreen its not displaying as such. The only remedy was to change it to windowed and back to Fullscreen. I am surprised this has not been reported as its on Reddit.

Anyways, my issue seems resolved enough to play the game. 

Thank you for your time Leeuw.

See you on the Battlefield.

Message 8 of 14 (358 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Leeuw I have the same problem after EA app forced replacement instead of Origin, i have starting to get all kind of issues with the game control wise. in-game mouse movements, i tried to verify game files on steam platform after that movement fixed but zoom and fire mouse buttons was disability.
Message 9 of 14 (331 Views)

★★★ Novice

@mantiniusp wrote:
@EA_LeeuwI have the same problem after EA app forced replacement instead of Origin, i have starting to get all kind of issues with the game control wise. in-game mouse movements, i tried to verify game files on steam platform after that movement fixed but zoom and fire mouse buttons was disability.

My issue was also directly after the EA application replacing Origin. Try pressing the windows key and clicking back in. Fixed my issue. I have to do this every time I load up BF2042.

Message 10 of 14 (321 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help