Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Windows crashes when loading the game.

by goedendag21

Original Post

Highlighted

Windows crashes when loading the game.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, the game has this weird bug that is crashing the whole windows forcing me to restart my computer. This is happening always between choosing the language and 'press start to play' screen. Windows is crashing to his 'blue screen' error with the sad face (windows 10) and the 'stopping code' say: "VIDEO_SHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR". Im playing with xbox one pad on the lowest settings. The only option to play this game normally is to start the game and leave it minimalized for couple of minutes then pressing 'start'. So Im asking: what the hell is happening?

Message 1 of 7 (212 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @goedendag21,

Hiya! Can you grab us a DXdiag so we can take a look? http://bit.ly/GatherSystemInfo
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (194 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes, this error occurs only in FIFA 20. Not a single game on my computer ever had this error and boii I have a lot of games... One more thing: In lauchers settings of FIFA 19 I could pick witch directX I want to use, now there is nothing in launcher. Where is it then?

Message 3 of 7 (161 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hi @goedendag21,

Have you downloaded and installed all available updates for Windows?
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (142 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Of course...

Message 5 of 7 (127 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@goedendag21 Thanks, looking around online it looks like this is related to a bad driver or a hardware problem with the card itself. 

The following potential fixes could be carried out to fix VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR error on Windows 10:

1. Rollback recently updated driver
  2. Update Graphics Driver
  3. Run System File Checker at Boot Time
  4. Physically check the Graphics Card Hardware

-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 7 (117 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Yeah, this is exacly what I saw when I typed the frase "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" in Google. Again: this error occurs ONLY in this game and I have almost 30 games on Steam and 6 on Origin and I played them all without this problem. I also have FIFA 19 installed and also without this problem. So I am 400% sure that this is not my graphic card. And this error is a bluescreen popping out right in front of your face so I know when I see it. Maybe it is a hardware or bad drivers problem but THE GAME is causing it, not my computer and somebody needs to change something in the game. Anyway thanks for comprehensive answer.

Message 7 of 7 (103 Views)
Twitter Stream