Windows 8 r5apex.exe - Application Error

by UntoldHorror

Original Post

Re: r5apex.exe - Application Error

★★ Novice

I have updated both my GPU drivers and also windows. Also did the sfc /scannow in command prompt, But the error still persist. Fix this please.

Message 51 of 249 (7,663 Views)

★★ Novice

DeVoe read the previous comments. People have been playing it on 8.1 too.

Message 52 of 249 (7,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@DeVoe_0 

If you took ur time to read the comments, you'd realize this game is not only for Windows 10.

Message 53 of 249 (7,651 Views)

★★★★ Novice
yeah i guess so but this problem only facing 8.1 and 7 user @UntoldHorror
Message 54 of 249 (7,642 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
And that's exactly what's written in the above comments.
Message 55 of 249 (7,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Ive got the same error and im sure its releated to Easy Anti Cheat which is complete garbage by the way ive always had problems with games or third party services in CS:GO for example that use it - If you look at your windows task manager while launching game through Origin its just Easy Anti Cheat Launcher working and games proper executable doesnt even appears till the very end after error massage appears. As I already said im more than sure that error is on Easy Anti Cheats side not games itself.

Message 56 of 249 (7,592 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@vKEVUv 

Exactly. And their suggestion is to do Windows Updates? That's the easiest way to shoo a user, by providing them with the general "solution" even though that doesn't work, at least they can wash their hands saying that they provided us with the "solution" . They think that we are unable to google search the error ( most users prefer to open a new thread on the forum instead of actually googling the error or reading the comments ) ? 

Message 57 of 249 (7,645 Views)

r5apex.exe

★★★★★ Newbie

r5apex.exe - Application Error so this game works only on win 10 or not? i have perfect working 8.1

Message 58 of 249 (7,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yeah and for further proof just completly exit and delete any Origin process in task manager then go into games folder directly and launch Easy Anti Cheat Launcher - its exactly the same and it shows exact same error lmao. When you try to launch games exe directly it just immediately crashes.  Ive tried to manually launch Easy AC service because that always worked when I had problems in other games and here it doesnt solve the problem. We have to wait for patch probably if Easy AC will even bother to make one theres possibility that we wont get to play the game at all.

Message 59 of 249 (7,807 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I even wrote in my 1st post that I tried to fix Easy Anti Cheat, provided all the steps I followed and the "solution" was to updated Windows. . .
Message 60 of 249 (7,770 Views)