Re: Will you ever fix the problem with Territory Battles freezing and credit?

by SmokeyJ263

Original Post

Will you ever fix the problem with Territory Battles freezing and credit?

EA DICE Team

This post is part of the bugs and issues forum transition.

Or is this just another one of those things where a fix is not going to generate any money so you're not going to worry about it?
Message 1 of 11 (1,639 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hiya!

This is an active bug our team is working on. We know it's a particularly aggravating bug, so we appreciate your patience while this is being investigated.

Message 2 of 11 (1,597 Views)

EA DICE Team

Oh, come on. They worked on the Teebo problem for a very long time, because it was a very difficult problem. They thought they had fixed it at one point, and it actually made things worse. They had to rework the whole stealth and taunt system for the entire game to get it working right.
Message 3 of 11 (1,596 Views)

EA DICE Team

At least make it like a raid where if something happens with the battle we can re-enter and do it again. This game crashes way too much to completely lose our progress when it glitches out. It's also a problem if we lose internet connection. The battle is completely lost, where a raid you just lose what you did currently and can try again.

Will doing that make it where people can force stop the game and try battles again? Yep, just like you can with a standard raid. But unless it runs perfectly that's the most fair course of action. TBs are too rare and lengthy to lose stars when it crashes or for any other reason out of our control.

Message 4 of 11 (1,595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Seems to me there would be two primary methods of fixing this, one being to make the missions "retreatable" like, as mentioned, raids or GW ones are now. That would potentially require a rebalancing pass as presumably they were not meant to be finished that way and there are tactics which could take advantage there and, therefore, mean a few more folks will compete more stages than may have otherwise been expected.

The second option would be to have the servers store combat states every step of the way, so if you go back into an interrupted Combat Mission is will pull you in right back where you where (or maybe an attack or two short of there). Less "exploitable", if you will, but probably requires a lot more coding work to handle.

This is definitely something that needs a fix, though, as it is otherwise VERY frustrating to miss out on the extra TB points or even potential character shards (since we've had several people unable to finish the ROLO mission because of this, for example.)

Message 5 of 11 (1,575 Views)

★★★ Novice

Game freezing bug is still present. This happen to me and several other guild mates. My experience happened in P6. Gunship fired without button push and then lock-up. Please address this as last TB my guild was held back from getting 35 stars because of this bug.

Ally code: 491-389-647

Android

Message 6 of 11 (1,542 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the report. To help us investigate this, can you answer the following questions:

1. What date did this occur?

2. Who was in your squad, who was leader?

3. Did any characters revive?

3. Did you receive any notifications prior to this?

5. How long was your gaming session?

6. How long since you rebooted the game?

7. Anything else of note, such as an ability being used automatically or any other details.

Message 7 of 11 (1,534 Views)

★★★ Novice

While the above report was not from me I would like to suggest that most of your questions here are pretty irrelevant. Lock-ups and, the bigger issue for players, not getting credited for a TB Combat Mission they are running are a problem that has to do with the missions only being forfeitable. In other words if anything happens, lost internet connection, device locks up, program crashes (not necessarily because of SWGOH, but even if it were an OS issue, the source of the crash isn't necessarily relevant), program or mission freezes, a player gets a call with this run on a phone and the app doesn't properly pause, something important happens where someone needs to leave the program and it doesn't properly pause the game, essentially anything that would disrupt the mission in progress causes that stage (and, therefore, all further stages) to be registered as a loss no matter how capable the player is of actually completing that and subsequent missions.

While there may be bugs in any given CM that your questions would be relevant at finding you have a much bigger issue here that this thread is actually about which is that ANY disruption of a Combat Mission will result in loss of points, potentially impacting a Guild's final Star total. That isn't directly a bug, it's how the missions are designed and given the nature of the platforms the game runs on effectively makes a poor assumption that players will consistently have a system that would allow them to consistently run the full 3 or 6 stages of a mission. In essence this was a design decision that your players are asking the Development team to strongly reconsider.

Message 8 of 11 (1,530 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

1. 10/17/2017 for my experience but other guild mates experienced it on other days

2. JynHeart, Cassian, KS20, Pao, Bistan

3. No characters revived

4. No notifications

5. Approx 25 min

6. Approx 24 hrs

7. As I stated in post no buttons were pushed, Airstrike fired, then lock up

Message 9 of 11 (1,517 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi again,

Wondering if i could get an update on this issue? I answered all of your questions. Please let me know if you required any more information.

Thanks

Message 10 of 11 (1,450 Views)