Betreff: Will preferred accounts have access to the new expansion?

by Hoverael

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will preferred accounts have access to the new expansion?

★★ Novice

Hi,

I currently have a FTP account, but was considering subscribing for a month or doing the 60 day one time subscription... When my account downgrades to Preferred, will I still be able to access the new expansion? 

From what I've read, preferred does get access to the old expansions, but I couldn't find anything about whether preferred accounts can access the new one.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (790 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

Hey @bluejadex 

To get the 6.0 expansion you have to sub for one time to get it after the release. If your sub runs out you will still have access to it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (760 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hey @bluejadex 

To get the 6.0 expansion you have to sub for one time to get it after the release. If your sub runs out you will still have access to it.

Message 2 of 11 (761 Views)

★ Guide

You may also wish to consider subscribing now if you are going for a 60 day subscription, because subscribers will get the Nautolan species unlock for free on launch of 6.0. A nice bonus for subscribers for sure.

Message 3 of 11 (754 Views)

★★ Novice

Another related question... The friend I'm playing with bought the game back in 2012, played it, then stopped (probably stopped playing 2012 or 2013 sometime). So he's now a preferred player.

As a preferred player that bought the game, but hasn't been playing for the last 6-7 years, would he have access to the expansions? He tried looking at his account info, but couldn't see any information confirming which expansions he had access to. Presumably he could resubscribe for a month and get access, but if he already has access (and has no interest in access to the new species), there's not much sense in subscribing.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 11 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Upon launch of 6.0, f2p'ers and preferred players will gain access to RotHC and SoR for free as those restrictions are lifted. so those players will gain access to those, but anything after that requires a subscription for at least 1 month to gain access to the rest of the story related content, up to and including onslaught.

Message 5 of 11 (723 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the information. Standard smile 

I just have one more question... Let's say I do a 1 or 2 month subscription now so that i have access to all of the expansions when I drop to preferred. If there's another expansion that comes out, will I get access to that one too, or will I need to resubscribe for a month when it comes out to get it?

Thank you again; I really appreciate the quick and helpful replies!

Message 6 of 11 (697 Views)

★ Guide

you'll have to re-subscribe to get access to anything new on story related content after that unless Bioware states otherwise.

Message 7 of 11 (680 Views)

Hero

@Hoverael ; @bluejadex ; @RealymanLP 

There is an delay with the release of GU 6.0 Onslaugt this might impact the Time-frame where you need to be an paid subscriber.

See here for more details:

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190826 

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 8 of 11 (627 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, my friend just showed that to me. Thank you for making sure to point this out. Standard smile

I know there's no real guarantees, but do you think it's likely they'll stick with the new Oct 22nd date or more likely it'll get pushed out further?

I got myself hyped up to become premium then preferred rather than being stuck as f2p, but I also don't want to miss the release...

Message 9 of 11 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bluejadex 

For the last releases they where quiet accommodating after they released the information about how to get accesses and the release Date.
I'm not sure if they stated already if they will stay with the form of release from the last years, as long as they haven't we can only guess on former experience.

From my point it is easy and a good deal to pay for my subscription on an much longer term, but that's clear that that is not so for everyone.

Edit: So checked with CS,

Yes you will need to be subscriber on October 22nd to get access to Onslaught. 

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190413

The date in the article wasn't updated as this was posted, should happen anytime.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 10 of 11 (608 Views)