Will not play on moniter

by tilray1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will not play on moniter

★★★ Newbie

Battlefield will not run on my moniter just my lap top any quick fixes??? Tryed to use windowed screen not full screen still nothing ? 

Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will not play on moniter

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@tilray1  Some new laptops just use the intel graphics built in to the laptop and not the video card for the DP or HDMI cable :/ no idea why they started to do this full on p.. off . I buy gaming laptops for email and helping on AHQ when they are on sale for use in different parts of the house I hate a slow PC. In the kitchen the laptop newest one  is a Asus ROG Strix  and due to it has a GTX 1050Ti I decided to hook up a 144hrz monitor to it and it works but it was stuck on 60hrz could not do 144hrz as its connected to the intel graphics and not the GTX 1050Ti. I stated reading on this and found they started doing this Frown very dumb if you ask me but reading more I did read about how to get the screen in games on the lap tops never tested it but give this a try...

1- open NVIDIA control panel

2-Go to Manage 3D settings

3-Under Global settings  , preferred graphics processor , set it  to High -Performance NVIDIA Processor and Hit Apply

4-  Go to next tab .... program settings

5- At  program settings select a program to customize .. ADD BFV

6- under it #2 select the preferred graphics processor for this program  , set it  to High -Performance NVIDIA Processor Hit Apply and see if you can get in BFV now with the monitor  on the laptop.

Let me know this should work but I would like to know for sure

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (266 Views)

All Replies

Re: Will not play on moniter

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@tilray1  Some new laptops just use the intel graphics built in to the laptop and not the video card for the DP or HDMI cable :/ no idea why they started to do this full on p.. off . I buy gaming laptops for email and helping on AHQ when they are on sale for use in different parts of the house I hate a slow PC. In the kitchen the laptop newest one  is a Asus ROG Strix  and due to it has a GTX 1050Ti I decided to hook up a 144hrz monitor to it and it works but it was stuck on 60hrz could not do 144hrz as its connected to the intel graphics and not the GTX 1050Ti. I stated reading on this and found they started doing this Frown very dumb if you ask me but reading more I did read about how to get the screen in games on the lap tops never tested it but give this a try...

1- open NVIDIA control panel

2-Go to Manage 3D settings

3-Under Global settings  , preferred graphics processor , set it  to High -Performance NVIDIA Processor and Hit Apply

4-  Go to next tab .... program settings

5- At  program settings select a program to customize .. ADD BFV

6- under it #2 select the preferred graphics processor for this program  , set it  to High -Performance NVIDIA Processor Hit Apply and see if you can get in BFV now with the monitor  on the laptop.

Let me know this should work but I would like to know for sure

Message 2 of 2 (267 Views)