Will i get banned for installing Windows 11? Need Respawn assurance

by espadakillar69

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will i get banned for installing Windows 11? Need Respawn assurance

★★ Guide

As per topic, got my main PC plug into developer update for Windows 11. Haven't though about it until an article from a known gaming website said a gamer got his account banned for installing Windows 11. I have no option in rolling back to Windows 10. Please advice.

Message 1 of 7 (2,163 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Will i get banned for installing Windows 11? Need Respawn assurance

Community Manager

@espadakillar69 

You almost certainly will not be banned for using Windows 11. 

In the very unlikely event this happens, appealing the ban should be successful. 

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,127 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
Hey @espadakillar69,

do you have a link to the website that said a gamer got his account banned for installing Windows 11?
Message 2 of 7 (2,143 Views)

Community Manager

@espadakillar69 

You almost certainly will not be banned for using Windows 11. 

In the very unlikely event this happens, appealing the ban should be successful. 

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 7 (2,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well my partner installed windows 11 pro, opened battlenet and played COD MW. Next day went to do the same and found his account permanently banned. We have absolutely NO cheating software of any kind on this PC. We appealed and they rejected the appeal - permanent ban. We begrudgingly made a new battle-net & activision account and paid for the game again as my partner wanted to keep playing, less than 24 hours later the new account is shadowbanned! I am beyond angry. He worked hard on his account for 3+ years and everything is gone. All the money used to purchase skins etc. Cannot believe it when there are obvious cheaters on the game every night and yet he is banned for downloading WINDOWS. 

Message 4 of 7 (825 Views)

@angeeanal 

Nice to know about what happened in reference to COD but Apex is not COD.

I hope that you get your COD working again if not there is always Apex to play.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 5 of 7 (794 Views)

Re: Will i get banned for installing Windows 11? Need Respawn assurance

★★★ Newbie

funny thing is this actually is happening to me currently, ive played for years no issues, i built a new pc this past weekend to start streaming. i have a amd 7900xtx (before i had a nvidia card) and i installed windows 11pro, logged in for 19min to see how the game was running in the firing range and got off. the next day i was banned for cheating. sent as appeal and they are saying they took to correct action on banning my account, but how when i have a total play time in apex of 2.9 hours in the last 2 weeks. this is not fair to your customers who play and waste money in game to get bs replys. yet i can play my other games like cod, warzone destiny etc perfectly fine.

Message 6 of 7 (256 Views)

Re: Will i get banned for installing Windows 11? Need Respawn assurance

Community Manager

Hey there,

This thread is quite old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting.

If you've only appealed once, you're welcome to submit a new appeal to have another member of the Terms of Service team review that situation, however we cannot review this or make any changes on the forums.

Mako.png
Message 7 of 7 (238 Views)