Why when I add someone on apex it says 403-HTTP SEARCH ERROR.

by MooseMelnyk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why when I add someone on apex it says 403-HTTP SEARCH ERROR.

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been trying to add my cousin on apex and every time I put his name in the search bar it says 403-HTTP SEARCH ERROR. Then I tried someone else’s name that is on my console and it didn’t work 

Message 1 of 26 (11,119 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why when I add someone on apex it says 403-HTTP SEARCH ERROR.

Community Manager

Gotcha, thanks!

Can we try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop this error? 

When you've got a chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection troubleshooting first to see if that helps. If it keeps happening after that check out the platform-specific steps as well: 

- PC

- Xbox

- PlayStation

Let me know if you're still getting the same error message when you're trying to search for players after that. Thanks!

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 26 (11,022 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @MooseMelnyk

Just to make sure I understand, is it giving you the same error no matter who you search, or does it only come up when you're trying to find your cousin? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 26 (11,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent every search for me
Message 3 of 26 (11,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 4 of 26 (11,027 Views)

Community Manager

Gotcha, thanks!

Can we try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop this error? 

When you've got a chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection troubleshooting first to see if that helps. If it keeps happening after that check out the platform-specific steps as well: 

- PC

- Xbox

- PlayStation

Let me know if you're still getting the same error message when you're trying to search for players after that. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 5 of 26 (11,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine only does it for certain PlayStation guys I used to play with.  Now when we try to link up I can’t see them and we can’t search each other.  I’m on Xbox s if that makes a difference.  Network connection is good.  Nat is open

Message 6 of 26 (9,719 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Packers198683

It doesn't show them on your friends list at all, or is it showing that they're offline? 

Kent.png
Message 7 of 26 (9,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I am having this message come up as well. However it’s on a freind I have on Ps5 but my freinds list now says he is on Xbox but he is on ps5

Message 8 of 26 (9,167 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My friend is on ps and he is showing me offline on apex but I can’t see him at all and when I search for him it gives me the 40- whatever error code. I’ve reset my Xbox and even had him reset his ps. Nothing…. Help!!

Message 9 of 26 (9,032 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the updates!

If you're still seeing the friend on your friend list, but they're showing as offline, can you try removing and re-adding them to your friends to see if that helps? I've seen a few cases in the past where that can make a difference. 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 26 (8,852 Views)