Re: Banned

by vinnyvanpelt34

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is my Madden account banned?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I’m new to madden and was following some YouTube ways to build my team. I’m not mad at the banned but believe I should be suspended. I grinded out the weekly challenges to build my team. I did everything All the other players are doing. I want to eventually get into tournaments but with me being banned that isn’t possible. Is there anything I could do to help get my account back? I really love the way how madden to played this year!! I rather keep playing then stop because I can’t keep up with everyone else who are paying for cards.

[CM - Edited title for clarity]

Message 1 of 39 (13,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @shepardbreed

We can't look into this for you from the forums but our Terms of Service team (ToS) can take a look if you fill out the webform to send in an appeal to them.

Saying that, contacting the ToS team is only advisable if you believe the ban you received was added by mistake/no rules were broken. There is no purpose reaching out to the ToS team aside from that as they will not overturn bans or reduce the sanction if the rules were broken and creating appeals for legitimate bans adds more to the queue and causes the wait times to spike.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 39 (12,973 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @shepardbreed

We can't look into this for you from the forums but our Terms of Service team (ToS) can take a look if you fill out the webform to send in an appeal to them.

Saying that, contacting the ToS team is only advisable if you believe the ban you received was added by mistake/no rules were broken. There is no purpose reaching out to the ToS team aside from that as they will not overturn bans or reduce the sanction if the rules were broken and creating appeals for legitimate bans adds more to the queue and causes the wait times to spike.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 39 (12,974 Views)

★★★ Novice

But it's fine for YouTubers?

Message 3 of 39 (12,741 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Pretty much , ea supports and is partnered with these YouTubers who use and promote the sites and will pick and choose who to turn a blind eye to, I just wrote a complaint with the better business bureau and suggest everyone else do the same. My account was banned from the auction block meanwhile I’ve spent roughly 1500-2000 just on this madden alone and was banned on the Vick release weekend. I’ve tried to appeal and they treated me like a pos. They don’t care how much you spend on their horribly balanced packs with horrible odds yet push the 100$ packs as the best value and give you nothing in return, so when you’ve spent your hard earned money on their gambling mode I mean ultimate team and then use a third party site that feels trustworthy because their partnered content creators advertise it with no warning of a ban along with their own discount codes just to supplement and help give you the extra coins needed since you’re basically just wasting money on their packs they ban you ! 

Message 4 of 39 (12,606 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Why does ea support and partner with content creators who promote third party sites with their own discount codes that they themselves use with no risk of ban but ban the regular joes of the community for listening and trusting those creators. Once partnered with them and given early access to the game they are now an extension and reflection of the company so again why are you banning the people who are sinking money into your game and then use the third party sites to supplement for coins since the pack odds are atrocious and a rip off but have no problem with the people profiting off of your game while promoting the sites that are against your terms of service ?? I wrote about this to the better business bureau already but I’m beyond furious cause I was also swept in that ban and ea cares not about their community. I’ve played ultimate team nearly every year and in 5-6 weeks of this game being out I’ve spent already 1500-2000 dollars in your packs and was banned for spending 60$ on a third party site that AGAIN is promoted by your partnered content creators. 

Message 5 of 39 (12,597 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna please read above 

Message 6 of 39 (12,594 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

same thing happened to me I just got banned yesterday at night. The reason ? No clue! I’m mad about it because there’s people out there doing a “pack strike” and I think I was the only one who was purchasing points to buy MORE packs, to actually support the game! Through the time I made about 4 million by posting to the auction house. I bought Lamar Jackson LTD yesterday through the companion app for 2million because I thought he was gonna be super rare since no one was buying packs. When I arrived home I bough the 8500 bundle for TOTW hopping I could pull Justin tucker from it and that didn’t happen. Later at night I received a message from EA saying that all my coins where confiscated because of “coin distribution”??? Like what? I really don’t understand! I never used a third party page to buy coins! All I did was keeping buying EA points, get the players from packs ( good ones or bad ones) and sell them, specially since everyone is doing the “packstrike” I was able to sell my pulled players from the packs at a high price and I was saving 2 million for Team Diamonds.. but now I’ve been banned from the auction house and I don’t know what to do.

Message 7 of 39 (11,422 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing with me… my son had some playstation gift cards and he wanted packs.. so we bought a few bundles (i personally dont care about pack strike) and now we keep getting error message unable to connect to online features… wven though we still have access to store and auctiin house… wtf

Message 8 of 39 (11,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude same here I spent a lot of money on madden alone and I love the game and didn’t know it was against the rules I thought it was fine because it’s advertised by YouTubers it is my first time doing this I figured I would at least get a suspension not a full ban it’s ridiculous it makes your coins useless and the cards you get useless as well. They don’t treat you with decency when you reach out they don’t understand what a mistake is yet when they have glitches and people aren’t getting there rewards it’s a mistake and it takes them two weeks to fix.

Message 9 of 39 (11,337 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Here’s the * kicker .. you risk getting banned by using THEIR companion app because they’re so lazy and so bad to put out good games or working apps the risk you take with the companion app is that if you use it sometimes it pops up as a bot on their end and you’re then seen as a someone using a bot to buy and sell cards aka coin distribution so if you really haven’t used any third party sites you’re still wrong for using THEIR app !! Ea is a bunch of crooks and robbers , I did use a third party site only cause I’ve spent tonnssss of money I. The game and I’m rewarded with garbage because every year they lower the odds of good cards in the packs so I had to use a third party site to help get some coins to buy Vick even though the site is promoted by their partnered YouTubers they don’t care. Ea is disgusting and we need a new developer. But yeah long rant short you got * for using their app 

Message 10 of 39 (11,336 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help