Why is Battlefront 2 so laggy?

by Hadonkavic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is Battlefront 2 so laggy?

★ Novice

I really want to play this game on my computer and my specs match what is recommended, but every time i play a match it starts lagging every 5 seconds. not exaggerating every kill i get is because the game stops completely and i shoot the frozen player until 1.5 seconds later to 5 seconds later when the internet decides to start working again. Sometimes i cant even move or shoot even though the rest of the match is going on without me and i take damage still. It's a complete pain in the * and ive tried everything from checking my DX is on 11 instead of 12 to testing my internet DL and UP speeds (20mbps and 10mbps respectively). Im on wifi and i havent tried wired since i dont have a long enough ethernet cable and i dont want to spend 50 dollars on one that could reach. I get consistent 50+ fps no matter what happens in game so its all internet lag. every other game i play like titanfall 2 or MCC has perfect connnection except for maybe 1 lag spike per match or none at all. Ive had this game for a week and i havent been able to enjoy a proper match. Ive scoured this whole site and havent found a proper work around. Recommendations?

Message 1 of 2 (1,393 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why is Battlefront 2 so laggy?

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Hadonkavic make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,320 Views)

All Replies

Re: Why is Battlefront 2 so laggy?

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Hadonkavic make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 2 (1,321 Views)