Re: Why has DirectX12 Such a Bad Performance?

by Carbonic

Original Post

Why has DirectX12 Such a Bad Performance?

★★★★ Apprentice

Man this is just ridiculous. DirectX12 is advertised in this game to have "Superior Rendering Performance" but all it does is destroy my performance. I'm getting 30-40 fps and heavy stuttering even on low settings while playing in DirectX12, sometimes even dropping to low 20's. But while I play ultra settings in DirectX11, I have over 100 fps at all times. Something is wrong with the DirectX12 mode of this game. I play both Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V in DirectX12 and it works great. But in Battlefront II DirectX12 is apparently just a joke.

Message 1 of 15 (17,021 Views)

Hero

DX12 affects the games mentioned in pretty much the same way. You probably need to do some troubleshooting with your Battlefront 2, have you done any already?

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 15 (17,007 Views)

★★ Novice

So basically I have a 2060 video card with a 10700k 32gb of ram and a 1tb wd black ssd.

My system is updated with a fresh install. Latest drivers and bios.

What exactly do we have to do? Like what setting? Where? What troubleshooting? What exactly is the problem on new hardware that has the latest drivers and is working fine in every other game?

What exactly do we need to do to get this game working with DX 12? I am not sure I understand what you mean? What settings do we need to try?

Message 3 of 15 (16,993 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this will help, but I think a big part of it was enabling vsync in game. Seem to help with a lot of the choppy issues.

Message 4 of 15 (16,993 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Carbonic  Yes yes I have done that already. Messed with the in-game graphics settings for a long time but none of them improved the performance.

Message 5 of 15 (16,988 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@jarablue  Sadly V-sync has no effect on my game.

Btw I have a very good pc too:

RTX 2070 Super

Ryzen 7 3700x

32gb of ram

144hz monitor

Windows 10

Message 6 of 15 (16,986 Views)

Hero

What Windows 10 build and version are you using? Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.450?4

It might be worth a try to remove the game settings folder in settings.

If that doesn't work perhaps trying to delete the Nvidia shader cache so it will be rebuilt.

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 15 (16,978 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Carbonic  After searching the Internet for solutions, I believe there is no way to fix this problem unless EA and DICE do something about that. I found numerous posts from last year. They all describe similar issues with DirectX12. And they also said this: DirectX12 used to work in the beginning but stopped working after the Felucia update. I didn't have the game at this point yet but I believe what these people say. And none of the users who reported this problem back then were able to find a solution for it.

Sice the devs most likely won't address this issue anymore, I'll just have to play in DirectX11. 

Message 8 of 15 (16,942 Views)

★ Apprentice
@AssassinoFinland yes, thats all true
i had the game before felucia update and dx12 was working fine on the same pc. then suddenly it was broken
people started to have 20fps with 2080ti, pretty ridicilous
there were many reports of this, ea employees here just advised the same useless things, or kept asking for dxdiag, after receiving which no follow up was offered to anyone
they said this issue "being worked on" but no solution was found
pretty much the whole story. everyone just switched to dx11
Message 9 of 15 (16,857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

not to talk abou the fact that it stays like 10 min in preshading at the loading, then when entering a match

Message 10 of 15 (10,862 Views)