Why does this game use so much data??

by lll_BaByDoLL_lll

Original Post

Why does this game use so much data??

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I know, it's 2019 and we live in America.....no one has data limits, right? WRONG!

There are a lot of us who live in the middle of nowhere who have no options other than using a mobile hotspot, or crappy isp, that gimps us with a monthly data limit.

This game uses about 350mb AN HOUR........while i can go the whole day playing Overwatch for 4-6 hours total and not use more than 250-300mb FOR ALL FOUR TO SIX HOURS!!!

League of Legends, WoW......both of those games, even with a couple hours of PvP thrown in, use less than 100-150mb in SEVERAL hours.

This game on the other hand uses 300-350mb in just an hour........it's painful for those of us with data limits, and I do NOT understand why?? Can ANYONE here explain why?

I did turn off Origin overlay and the Usage sharing option, and that took off about 100mb. But 250mb an hour is still A LOT more than other games, and i'd like to understand why and if this is something you guys plan on fixing in the future???

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (468 Views)

Re: Why does this game use so much data??

★★★★ Novice
-bump-
Message 2 of 6 (448 Views)

★ Pro
Well i think it's normal.. I have a 4g connection when I use up my data i get on smallband.. I can play world at arms (strategy game) but when I play Warface (fps shooter) i run into problems and enemies appear and dissapear.. I'm sure it's even worse if its a battle royale with up to twenty players in your field of view requiring data to render their actions
Message 3 of 6 (444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Fortnite has more ppl in a match and uses a FRACTION of the data Apex uses.

Overwatch is a pvp FPS with two moderately sized teams........also uses a fraction of the data Apex uses.

The amount of data Apex uses an hour is not normal in comparison to other battle royales or fps games.......it's wayyyy more.

Message 4 of 6 (422 Views)

Anonymous
@Konform103 IT NOT nORMAL
Message 5 of 6 (380 Views)

Anonymous

IT WAS Tested PUBG USES  HALF AS MUCH   Apex use the most of all games   ..i wasted 12 gb in two days 

Message 6 of 6 (378 Views)