Re: Why does it take so long to install a game onto my computer!?

by workmabm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why does it take so long to install a game onto my computer!?

★★★★ Novice

I bought a digital download  of sims 3 seasons and it was placed onto my origin account. it only took about ten minutes for it to download to my computer. I then began installing it onto my sims 3 game, but it took 8 hours. WHY?...This is not the first time this has happened. All the games I have ever gotten from origin and tried to install onto my computer, they have all taken many hours. I'm really starting to get frustrated. Why is this happening!?

Message 1 of 66 (57,409 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@Brit-Ash0113 wrote:

So I installed the sims 3 on my lap top first and it only took about an hour to download, so then I installed the sims island paradise and then it pops up that the game needs an update so when I go to update it and it says it's downloading patches or whatever but I've left the laptop on all night and it's still at 0% what do I need to do?

If you left it all night and there was no progress then the best thing to do at the moment would be to restart Origin. I would also recommend restarting your computer and router.

View in thread

Message 18 of 66 (36,973 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I am direct downloading the Sims 3, and it has been downloading for over 24 hours, almost 30 hours to be exact. Its currently at 94%. I have high speed internet so there is no reason for it to be this freaking slow!!Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 2 of 66 (57,029 Views)

★★ Novice

I got my brand new laptop on Friday. Saturday afternoon I started trying to download the sims. It said then that it was going to take 30+ hours. They weren't kidding. My laptop has gone to sleep a few times but it's Monday night and I'm only up to 91%. I have hi speed cable internet and 4 brand new shiny gigs of RAM. There is no reason that I can think of for why this is downloading so slow. It's making me wish that I had bought the CD.

Message 3 of 66 (56,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought Sims3 Pets and it is going to take 19 hours. This is a joke. Wish I'd just bought the CD.

Message 4 of 66 (56,866 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Does anyone answer these questions? I have same issue....not taking quite as long as some of these folk above have described, but compared to other game launchers, this is really really a long time to install a game. Odd. Would love to hear what is up with this.

Message 5 of 66 (55,558 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah it does take a long time. every game I have ever download through orgin has taken a ridiculously long time. I just purchase the sime paradise island (had to take advantage of the 60% sale) its taking forever, i'm sure I wont play it tonight. I started dowloading at 8pm its now 11pm and it's still downloading. For me I think this will be the last digital game I purchase from them. Its just too much frustration and doesnt seem to be getting any better as if they didn't know

Message 6 of 66 (55,155 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This happens to me every time i download a game it takes like 10 30 minutes to download but the installing takes like 1 day. onetime the installing took 3days and 8 hoursConfusedmileymad:Confusedmileysad:

Message 7 of 66 (54,467 Views)

★ Novice

I guess EA doesn't care or they don't have an answer. It took 3 hours to downloand BF3, and it has just been on installing for 3 hours now, 6 hours for one game so far, and I bet it'll be installing in the morning

Message 8 of 66 (54,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the discs of some of my sims expansion packs.( sims 3, ambitions, late night, workd adventures, pets) ..but some i have bought from origin.....i bought a new laptop and put in all my discs of sims that i own....then went to origin to download the expansion packs i bought digitally ...It told me i had to uninstall ALL the ones i did by disc and start with the sims 3 on origin digital download that i had registered.....its been 5 hours and its half way downloaded.....it only took 10 min with the disc....soooo frustrated and disappointed ;-(
Message 9 of 66 (54,195 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem and was attempting to get an answer but I guess no one really knows. I bought an expansion and origin told me I had to uninstall the base game and install it from origin!! It has been downloading for 17 hours and at 86%. I bought 3 more expansion packs during the 60% off sale. At this rate I wont be playing until next year!!!

Message 10 of 66 (54,090 Views)