Re: Why do EA servers suck for every game?

by EA_Ryan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why do EA servers suck for every game?

★★★ Newbie

Every Battlefield game has loads of server issues. Why can't EA figure this out? Stop being cheap and maintain your *!

Message 1 of 6 (10,032 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @SpecialK407

Sorry to hear that you are having connectivity issues with BFV, without having more specifics - current system, setup for connection and any other information, the best I can do is ask you to take a look at the following Battlefield V connectivity troubleshooting guide.

Specifics to start off with: -

We have a bunch of resources here on EA Help that you can use to troubleshoot your connection depending on what system you are playing BFV on: 

For anything we haven’t covered, your ISP is your best bet for help.

EA Ryan 

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (10,006 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @SpecialK407

Sorry to hear that you are having connectivity issues with BFV, without having more specifics - current system, setup for connection and any other information, the best I can do is ask you to take a look at the following Battlefield V connectivity troubleshooting guide.

Specifics to start off with: -

We have a bunch of resources here on EA Help that you can use to troubleshoot your connection depending on what system you are playing BFV on: 

For anything we haven’t covered, your ISP is your best bet for help.

EA Ryan 

Message 2 of 6 (10,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ea servers have always sucked why. No other first person shooter has ever lagged as bad as btf series why. figure it out it cant be that hard to figure out if ea is the only one that sucks that bad. Im about to snap my btf5 disc this is bull crap just ordered black ops 4 because of this. I know that will only lag every once in a while not constantly like btf. 

[Removed profanity]

Message 3 of 6 (8,792 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree with you. I've been struggling with the lag/rubberbanding issues so long time for now!

I've done everything EA tells to do (https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/), no help. I've made UOTrace and everytime it's EA server that does the packet loss and ping goes from 15 to 1000+. My connection is 100Mb Cable (in 1000mb/ out 10-20Mb)...no problems when pingin servers that are not EA's. I play from Finland and in Battlefront2 i choose German server (ping 32-39) but UOTrace tells me that my connection goes through U.S. before joining german server...why??? and that is the one is causing the lag!!!

BFV: Stuttering -> mouse feels like it's in tar. Hit registry doesn't count my hits. After the latest BFV update it gets even worse when map changes.

SWBF2: Hit registry failing, game stops -> but i can look my character 360 degrees.

My PC is fine and i can run games smootly except when it starts to lag/stuttering.

I've noticed EA just keeps spamming https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/ when you point that their servers are bad. How come still so many people keep having problems with the servers?!

Please EA, do something to this issue!

Message 4 of 6 (7,957 Views)

★ Novice

They sure do.  I don't get why Madden only works half the friggin time.  I should get a refund, or at least only have to pay half. 

Message 5 of 6 (5,585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree. I have had EA fix the connectivity issues only for them to resume the following day.  The online chat queue takes forever and good luck getting them on the phone.... EA sports needs to step up their game because its extremely aggravating seeing this post from 2018 and its still continuing to this very day in 2021.  With a new Battlefield coming out next year I don't even know if I should buy it if EA will have the same server issues.  The issues are massively time consuming due to their lack of consumer technical support and more likely being cheap as hell with the quality of their servers.  STEP IT UP EA

-  EVERYONE THAT HAS HAD THESE ISSUES SINCE THE GAME WAS LAUNCHED!

Message 6 of 6 (3,750 Views)