Re: Why did it take money and still not let me buy my game?

by RedFoxxie

Original Post

Why did it take money and still not let me buy my game?

★★★ Newbie
I tried to add my card to my account to buy a game pack and it wouldn't let me but it still took a dollar from me every time I tried why is this happening and why can't i use my card on my account?
Message 1 of 2 (281 Views)

Re: Why did it take money and still not let me buy my game?

Champion (Retired)

Hey there @sim2addict152

Many online services function in a way where they charge you for a dollar, then refund it for you, to ensure that your card is genuine and has balance to pay from. It's a preauthorization method basically to ensure your card can be made purchases with. Many major credit cards function in this way such as Visa and Mastercard. You do get the dollar back eventually even if the purchase wouldn't go through, how long this takes is determined by your bank. Usually it is around 5 to 7 working days. You can read more about this bank practice here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_hold

Considering that the dollar charge went through, your card information itself was entered correctly but for one reason or the other it won't let you do the purchase itself. I'd call your bank to ensure that you are allowed to make international purchases with your account.

Message 2 of 2 (271 Views)