Re: Why cant I swap my aim and fire on PS4?!!

by xNiigWaardx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why cant I swap my aim and fire on PS4?!!

★★ Newbie

I have one hand and this unmappable controller * is unacceptable these days! This game allows me to flip L1 and L2 but not L2 and R2!! That's just dumb! What happened to traditional "lefty" controls in a shotter?! Wish I would have read about the new trigger flip option before buying the battle pass instead of just believing my friend when he said you guys final got your * together and fixed the controls. I wouldn't have paid for it, I could deal when it was free.

Message 1 of 3 (251 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

While it isn't a fix in the game, there is a workaround that will allow you to rebind L2 and R2.

System Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignments > Enable Custom Button Assignments

Keep in mind, this is a system-level change. I would recommend adding Custom Button assignments to the accessibility shortcut. This will allow you to press and hold the Playstation button, scroll down to Accessibility and check/uncheck Custom Button Assignments.

This doesn't seem like the easiest game to play with only one hand and the default PS4 controller, but I hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (240 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

While it isn't a fix in the game, there is a workaround that will allow you to rebind L2 and R2.

System Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignments > Enable Custom Button Assignments

Keep in mind, this is a system-level change. I would recommend adding Custom Button assignments to the accessibility shortcut. This will allow you to press and hold the Playstation button, scroll down to Accessibility and check/uncheck Custom Button Assignments.

This doesn't seem like the easiest game to play with only one hand and the default PS4 controller, but I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (241 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I just wanted to throw my idea out there about onnnnneeeeeee litttlllleeeee thing they should/need to add to this game. And that is simply just one little setting to where you can either completely customize the button layout to anyway you please, or add one more setting on there that switches the aiming and shooting from the left and right triggers to the left and right bumpers like on bo4. I would love to be able to aim and shoot with the left and right bumpers. Please and thank you in advanced. Just a thought. Just tryna get it out there so EA will make it happen!!!

Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)