Re: Why can't I download the full patch from the launcher?

by idnewton

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can't I download the full patch from the launcher?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I opened the launcher this afternoon and it began a rather long download/installation of the patch.  It finally finished and I logged in only to find that I can only play on starter planets because it didn't care enough to download the rest of the game.  Is there a way to set the launcher to actually download everything?  Because right now it's telling me it'll download the game while I'm playing it, but the progress just stays at 0.00%.  I have no characters on starter worlds on the server I care about (where I have everything that matters), and I can't create a 60 because they wouldn't be on a starter planet.  So essentially I can't do anything except create a new level 1 while I wait for the game to even decide to start downloading the rest of the game that it should've directly from the launcher.  I think it's safe to say that downloading the game while playing it would cause speeds to be slower, so even if it was downloading, it would be doing so inefficiently.  However, since it's not, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get the files.

TL:DR - I have no way of getting the KOTFE files because of this stupid "modern" and "cutting-edge" bitraider BS.

Message 1 of 3 (673 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i was able to log in and play this morning, was able to gain xp from talking to my companions but now i have same issue as you. waiting for tech support to asner your post to see why i can only play a newb toon on a starter world.

what i did was i took the bit raider folder out of the starwars folder and put it in the recycled bin and rebooted the launcher, it downloaded the files needed, so i tried to reboot starwars but only the launcher would come up, so i ended up putting the bit raider folder back in the starwars folder except when windows asked if i wanted to replace certain files i SKIPPED THAT OPTION and after it was done rebooted starwars launcher again and am able to log in on every character

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (622 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i was able to log in and play this morning, was able to gain xp from talking to my companions but now i have same issue as you. waiting for tech support to asner your post to see why i can only play a newb toon on a starter world.

what i did was i took the bit raider folder out of the starwars folder and put it in the recycled bin and rebooted the launcher, it downloaded the files needed, so i tried to reboot starwars but only the launcher would come up, so i ended up putting the bit raider folder back in the starwars folder except when windows asked if i wanted to replace certain files i SKIPPED THAT OPTION and after it was done rebooted starwars launcher again and am able to log in on every character

Message 2 of 3 (623 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for that info!  That worked for me, though I didn't even need to go through as many steps as that.  When I took the bitraider folder out and loaded up the Launcher, it did some stuff and it worked.  I can't say how long it took as I went out of the room for a little while, but when I came back it was all ready to go (honestly I was a bit skeptical since I assumed I still had a significant chunk of stuff to download but apparently not).  Worked right from the play button; I personally didn't have to put the bitraider folder back.  I'm sure specifics like that have to do with things like Operating System, etc.

Message 3 of 3 (544 Views)