Re: 'Where's the network?" issue experienced by many

by x19egc13y5o5

Original Post

Where's the network error prompt - November 2022

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

For the past two days I cannot get into my game.I have tried all the same troubleshooting ways myself and I still get where’s your network also. Everything else on my iPad gets online with no problems & my internet says I am connected.AC46B87C-90BA-4E0A-91A7-ED9619C9AD07.jpeg

Message 2 of 13 (1,947 Views)

'Where's the network?" issue experienced by many

★★★ Newbie

Hi team,
I have seen on reddit and on twitter that some long-term players are experiencing the same issue as myself since 22 Nov 22 (NZ time). 

I am on Android & everything is updated.

Device: Moto g(9) play
Android 11.
Google Play system update october 2022
WiFi and Data both connected and working for other apps.

I have tried: clearing cache, deleting unused apps, uninstalling & reinstalling, turning off wifi at source, trying on another device (meizu). I am connected to Google Play on the app, but also can't play from there.
After reinstalling I get to where I can choose to start a new game or install from the cloud. Then it says it will download the game from the cloud, but then I get the 'where's the network' query again. 😔
Asked EA help on Facebook if they had any solution. This was their reply:
I have tried searching for more troubleshooting steps & it looks like you have tried all the potential solutions. I'm sorry that the issue persists with the connectivity. I recommend posting your concern as a technical issue over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mobile/ct-p/the-sims-mobile-en, please list all the troubleshooting you have tried including the android version you have in your mobile phone.

I've seen others have the sane issue as me which happened at the same time.
On Reddit >> https://www.reddit.com/r/SimsMobile/comments/z1of2u/just_me_or_server_down_for_others_too_not_been/
On Twitter: >> https://twitter.com/KhaleesiTsm/status/1594986834379083777

Please help!

Message 1 of 13 (1,965 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi. 

I would like to know if others are having this same issue in November 2022. If tech support is working on it? Should I just be patient?Is there anything I can do to help fix? Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 13 (1,808 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@x19egc13y5o5Yep having the same issue since 5 days ago. Tried all the steps given by the EA Help Chat - nothing worked. I was then told to wait as they would report it to technical help....

Message 4 of 13 (1,791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@808gfs22trnaI was in contact with EA Help Chat twice and when they realised I had done all the steps in their troubleshooting guide they asked me to be patient and wait while they passed on the info to Technical Help. This was on the 22nd Nov.
Devices: same issue on both iPad 7th Gen and iPhone 11. 
iOs 16 updated on both devices 20th Nov 2022.
WiFi and Data both connected and working for other apps.
I have tried everything in the trouble shooting advice given by EA Help Chat.

Message 5 of 13 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Pixiekatten1 Hi Standard smile It all of a sudden started working for me about 3 hours ago. I really hope you are able to get in too.
I wonder if they released a new pack or something for BlackFriday & then it worked??
Anyway. If you get in game again( I really hope so!), I am Summerstar. I sometimes see you at parties Standard smile 3WFQLMN
Message 6 of 13 (1,770 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@Pixiekatten1 Thanks for not leaving me hanging in the dark.🎉😀
Message 7 of 13 (1,726 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@808gfs22trna I finally got it fixed.🤩I will look forward to seeing you at a party🥳🆒
Message 8 of 13 (1,724 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I have had the same issue for the last six days. EA has dumped me and told me to wait for an update.

Android and the game are up to date. I've tried every fix suggested to no avail. 

Message 9 of 13 (1,642 Views)

"Where's the network?" bug

★ Novice

Case number#128394737.

Second week of this error which has not been resolved by the update. 

Android V12, the game is on the latest version.  Have followed all suggested steps including:

- Clear cache.

- Restart game.

- Try another device.

- Reinstall game.

- Try to open my game on a friend's device (got the same error)

- Try to open a friend's game on my device (it worked).

I need technical support please.

Message 10 of 13 (1,428 Views)