Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Where do I report a cheater. (PC)

by Skauron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Where do I report a cheater. (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I joined a game and I noticed something really strange immediately. I had 99 ammo for my Cyclone, my skills had no cool downs and my shield came back instantly. I did manage to get video of it and the person hosting but I don't know where to send it and I don't exactly see a place to do so. I'd rather send the video link directly to an Admin.

Message 1 of 24 (5,162 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Origin

1. Open your Friends List.
  2. Click the Add a Friend button.
  3. Search for the ID of the user you want to report.
  4. Click on their name to open the user's Profile.
  5. Click Report User and tell us what sort of problem you're having.

If you can, include this information:

• The screen name, Gamertag, PlayStation™Network online ID, or ID of the offender.
  • A screenshot of the action as it happens.
  • A screenshot of the main score screen.

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (7,497 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Origin

1. Open your Friends List.
  2. Click the Add a Friend button.
  3. Search for the ID of the user you want to report.
  4. Click on their name to open the user's Profile.
  5. Click Report User and tell us what sort of problem you're having.

If you can, include this information:

• The screen name, Gamertag, PlayStation™Network online ID, or ID of the offender.
  • A screenshot of the action as it happens.
  • A screenshot of the main score screen.
Message 2 of 24 (7,498 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

Worryingly i've seen strong evidence recently of other extremely annoying hacks that actually completely interfere with your game entirely and what worries me the most is that the game has no way of combatting these hacks.  There 'seems' to be no protection against it for the players that just join at random, you end up in a game thats been hacked to high hell, and this is NOT how many of us want or choose to play.

The individuals who are running the hacks are among the most skillless, brain dead a-holes that ever picked up gaming as a past time.   Their skill at playing is that bad that even your grandparents could bury them on bronze.

They come from a very long line of cheats who never succeeded at anything in life, think that the world owes them an easy ride, and when they don't get it.. the search the very depths of the internet for a cheat/trainer that allows them to play in a manner that stacks the odds completely in their favour.

They walk among us.. they really do.   Dregs of society. never contributing, always taking.. and always complaining if someone has beaten them in a game.

In short, if they can't find a cheat/trainer, they stop playing a game.. it's just too hard you see?

SO i have no sympathy if as a result of their cheating and they get busted for it that they lose access to multiplayer with a ban..  they deserve at least that for even thinking they could get away with it.

Let's hope that happens!!!

Message 3 of 24 (5,113 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Bumping this thread.  Can we have this stickied somehow or at least a 'How to report a hack/cheat user' made as an official post?

As the use of these hacks by these scumbags has become more widespread over recent weeks, more people should be reporting them. ALWAYS

Message 4 of 24 (5,081 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just adding that the other option to report is directly via the website instead of origin:

help.ea.com:

1. Click Contact us on EA Help.
    • We recommend logging in to your EA Account.
  2. Select your Product.
  3. Select your Platform.
  4. For Topic, select Report concerns or harassment, then choose your issue and tell us a little about it.
    • Describe the issue and give us as much detail as possible.
  5. Click Submit to send us your report.

Link already filled in for reporting PC player in MEA: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=mass-effect-andromeda&platform=pc&category=report-concern...

Message 5 of 24 (5,059 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I encourage everyone to report cheaters that are without question using hacks.   I have seen on previous games over many years that if left unreported and undealt with, the number of games you find that have hacks present increases to the point where you no long get to play a normal game any more.. and then.. they've won... all the great players leave.. and all that remain are these clueless muppets with their hacks.

If we report them quickly and with enough info then we stand a huge chance of ridding our game of these people until they decide to move on to the next game that they can't play properly either.

Message 6 of 24 (5,051 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, the thread is stickied now as per your suggestion. Thanks for the posts, stay diligent and track down those who would ruin others' games. 

Message 7 of 24 (5,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Thank you for this EA David.  It will save me bumping the thread to keep it in focus in future.

@EA_David to help us to help you guys on this:

Can you tell us what the preferred evidence would be to support the report of a player who we deem to be definitely using a hack?  

I'm currently recording games in shadowplay every time i play so all i have to do do is save one of the recordings when i experience it.  I then upload it to youtube  and then paste a link to it in my report player panel.  Naturally this takes time to upload due to file size etc, but  is there any other means of evidence that you accept ?  Eg.  if it was just screenshots , are these really enough evidence for you and if so, what screenshots would be preferred?

I did some research into their ill-gotten methods of cheating, and they are pretty blatant about these cheats and while they try and hide behind their 'we only condone the use of them in single player' stance, it is pretty obvious to me they are using the same thing in multiplayer using cheat tables, so at least i know many of types of hack they are likely to use.   These are just the ones that are visible to me though.. this is not taking into account the cheaters that are using aimbots and esp which i am unable to really see in my client.  The only time i really notice is when i'm getting maxammo, MaxClipsize, maxshields, super speed and moon jumps.   

I want to report all of them as i find them and encourage everyone to do the same, but if you can if possible define the minimum evidence you NEED for these reports at least those with less tech but the desire to report can then get you what you guys need to get these cheaters RID OF.

Message 8 of 24 (5,019 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Also:  if i have recorded video footage, i have on my machine a video editor where i can cut and splice sections of the video out.. if i was to upload a video, what is the minimum evidence you wish to see in order to substantiate a report of a hack user?

Score Screen?

Video showing evidence of abnormality in how the game is playing (eg.  max ammo, shields not depleting, moonjumping) and if so how much time in video time do you want to see?  I can go from seconds to many minutes, but naturally the shorter the better for upload times)

Luckily due to having a video editor i'm able to do a lot with recordings to cut overall size down, as my shadow play will grab X minutes of recording by default it allows me to cut it apart to take bits out to use as evidence.

Message 9 of 24 (5,015 Views)

Community Manager

This isn't something I deal with directly, but I think video evidence is usually the best option. 

As you say this can be problematic with large uploads, so perhaps a short clip with clear shady behaviour, as well as an incriminating score sheet would usually suffice. Generally a clip wouldn't need to be more than 30 seconds, if clear and blatant cheating was happening.

Message 10 of 24 (5,004 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help