What to do if your second dispute was unaccepted for a ban?

by Sniperclub001

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What to do if your second dispute was unaccepted for a ban?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I already don't exactly know what to say in regards to me being banned for "cheating". Obviously I can't get any information as to what it was specifically in the TOS I broke that caused me to get banned for "cheating" as I can easily guarantee from my end I have never cheated.

I've put in for an appeal to my ban twice now, both times they said my sanction was accurate and it will in fact stay on my account. I had a game where I did 5400 damage, which is the only presumable time I would have ever even gotten reported enough to get banned, which was a TRULY off game in general. But, after reaching diamond, then suddenly going back to play casual after tryharding for hours on end for 2 weeks straight, I felt as though I was definitely playing on my usual level, but the lobby was weirdly way worse than me.

I did record snippets from that game using GeForce Experience Replays.

I'm just curious if anyone had a similar circumstance of being banned after a good performance, and if their appeals were denied as well? I have no idea on how to prove I didn't cheat, as it's pretty difficult to understand the system in the first place and only know my personal circumstances. Same way anyone on here probably just assumes "cheater down" every time they read an AHQ that's like this. 

I've gotten more into Apex a lot recently and definitely put in the hours, none of which was cheating (because why would I even cheat on my MAIN steam account with this much crap on it in the first place both games wise and apex item wise?).

Anyways, any input would be greatly appreciated on what the best way to get this undone is. 

Message 1 of 6 (554 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What to do if your second dispute was unaccepted for a ban?

Community Manager

Hey @Sniperclub001,

It's worth noting that even if you had a really good game and were reported a lot, those reports alone wouldn't result in a ban. Any action taken would be after our Terms of Service team reviewed the account, and not just because you were reported.

To that end, the only way to have a ban removed is by our Terms of Service team. An appeal will just have them take another look at the activity and information that led to the initial action.

I'm afraid if they've completed multiple reviews and weren't able to find sufficient evidence to remove a ban, their decision is final and we wouldn't be able to change this on the forums in any way. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (506 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Sniperclub001,

It's worth noting that even if you had a really good game and were reported a lot, those reports alone wouldn't result in a ban. Any action taken would be after our Terms of Service team reviewed the account, and not just because you were reported.

To that end, the only way to have a ban removed is by our Terms of Service team. An appeal will just have them take another look at the activity and information that led to the initial action.

I'm afraid if they've completed multiple reviews and weren't able to find sufficient evidence to remove a ban, their decision is final and we wouldn't be able to change this on the forums in any way. 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 6 (507 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the info @EA_Mako,

I looked into more things such as how my account had been presumably hacked after downloading my EA Account Data and seeing loads of IPs from everywhere logging in around the week I had been banned.

I talked to an advisor, who helped me secure my account and put in a request to the TOS team, where I got a message back saying they've done everything they can for the investigation and the sanction will remain on the account. It was the first time they had ever responded within only a couple of hours, and I've received the same message from them every single time ever since each time around 10 hours after submission, while my initial ones with actual replies to them took upwards of 3 days.

Am I now getting automated responses from the TOS Team since they keep sending me the exact same message back every time after only 2 appeal attempts, with this one having actual information on my account being hacked?

Message 3 of 6 (481 Views)

Community Manager
@Sniperclub001
They don't automate their replies, though they do use templates in some cases to make sure the information provided to others in the same situation is consistent.

That is to say, those are always read and reviewed by an actual person, there may just be a limit on what can be shared, especially if they've repeatedly come to the same conclusion after multiple reviews.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 6 (456 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako
The thing that confuses me is that a large quantity of people have said the best bet is to prove you are hacked. I have downloaded my EA Account Data, and talked to an advisor who helped secure everything afterwards. Yet, despite all that information of people logging into my account and the Advisor realizing that, I have yet to get a single response that even says something along the lines of "Nope, that's not it, sorry".
Just the exact same response saying "they've done all investigations possible".
Which to me is concerning considering the very first advisor I had talked to himself said my account wasn't compromised and I had to find out for myself that it actually was.
Message 5 of 6 (418 Views)

★ Apprentice

The TOS team has now been replying within 10 minutes of my report with the same automated messages. 

I've talked with advisors in regards to downloading my EA Account Data, which shows multiple IPs from different locations, yet advisors tell me my account isn't compromised at the same time. They still escalate the issue to the TOS team, I get the same exact message everytime as if they don't even look at the images of the data I provide (such as what is attached to this).

I have provided any information on errors that has ever happened, issues I used to have with desync before following instructions from advisors to port forward and reset, provided video evidence of any high damage games I've recorded to show I do not cheat, I play with the same 2 friends 99% of games in Ranked and neither of them have ever been banned so it obviously leads me to believe I've been hacked and it's not due to any sort of "exploits" or stat padding of some kind. Yet giving that information to the TOS team does absolutely nothing for me since I keep getting that exact same automated message back in my email stating: 

"Hello,

we received your latest message regarding the action taken on your account. We have performed all investigation possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision.

Please do not expect further responses on this matter."

The only thing remotely as an error I have ever received before my ban was an error stating "Club Operation 19 failed -1 Channel d008c23b-f338-4cab-bd09-0a26803b9123 not found" after winning a game with my friends. Never had the error ever since, so I didn't think I should care about ever reporting it in the first place and I assumed it was just an error in regards to posting the win to our club and wasn't bannable. 

Any info on what to do as of the moment would be greatly appreciated. I've tried reaching out to hideouts for no response, I've tried every forum I can think of, with still the exact same response from TOS.

Message 6 of 6 (342 Views)