What to do if your account has been banned or suspended.

by rnm99983889

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What to do if your account has been banned or suspended.

★★ Novice

On January-5th-2021, i was playing with two of my friends in the party, they just want to troll me so they reported my name for being appropriate. It was just mean to be fun , they are new so they don't think that i would get banned just because of 1 report. But in the next day, i get banned . They sent me an email saying that my account was banned for Hateful Conduct. A week ago, my account was suspended for 7 days , they said that my name has bad references to children (that the time my name was LolisAreGood), i have used that name since i created this account ( all the way from beta ) and no one ever feel offensive about that, some guys even said something like " I see you are a man of culture", i used this name in a lot of other online games and haven't had any problem with it. So after 7 days, because i don't find this name have a problem at all so i renamed it to L0L1sAreGood ( there are tons of people out there with names like Pu55ySlayer or Y0urM0mG4y but i don't think they got banned at all). After that, i was able to enjoy the game till i got banned .

I can prove that the one who reported me is my friend, he received an email saying that his report helped EA to take action on my account, i can also ask him to confront with you guys if needed. He also sent a support ticket and asked an EA Advisor to take the report back but it seem like impossible, they asked him to tell me to send a ticket myself. I sent like 3 cases and after 2 time of investigations, they still refuse to remove the sanction from my account and closed the case, i don't think that they really took a look at what i got to say, no one was offensive because of my name.

But it's understandable if you guys somehow find it "inaproriate". Please just suspend my account for days or weeks but not permanent ban like this please, give me a chance to change the name. This game really means alot to me. I played it since the beta, never misses any season ( except season 9 and season 10 cause at that time i had a 6 months treatment of health problem).I grinded all the way from bronze to diamond in almost all season and achieved many badges, i think my account level is over level 1000 now if there is no level cap. I remember that i didn't really enjoy battle royale games at all, till i play this game, it really blow my mind how awesome a BR game can be. I have spent like 2000 hours and over 1000$ on this game, have 2 heirlooms and tons of legendary skins, i also remember the first heirloom i got at 496th pack ( i still remember it because i was so worried since i opened 490 already and no heirloom, so i contacted an EA Advisor to ensure that i will get a heirloom if i open enough 500 packs and of course after that i got myself the first heirloom which makes me very happy ). This game helped me to make friend with alot of other awesome people , one of them is my girlfriend now. Im so grateful to this game and the community, you guys helped me to have a place to be in after every hardworking days. I must admit that my account was also been warning for being toxic in chat ( suspended for 24 hours 2 times) but that was from 2020, i realized that being toxic just make everything worse and affect other people so i have changed, haven't been warning until they suspend me 7 days for the name. I also planned to pay more for the 3rd heirloom since im really impressed with the bangalore's one. But now i don't think i have a chance to do it. And also because of the situation, my friend who reported me feels so guilty and worried that i will ask him to indemnify me, of course i won't do it but i don't want this to break our friendships too. I know i violated your Term of Service but i just hope you guys can really take a look and help me out because i never want to quit this game and lose my friend, Apex Legends is the best game i have ever played. That feeling when you lose your best game because of your own fault and you don't have a chance to fix it, it hurts a lots.I hope they will read this and unban me for someday in the future. It's really really ... ( i don't know how to describe that word ) but it likes this is over for me from the begining.

Message 1 of 2 (548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What to do if your account has been banned or suspended.

Community Manager

Hi @rnm99983889 

We are unable to assist with account issues or actions on Answers HQ. We have a dedicated TOS team that handles Sanctions and Bans on accounts.  

You will need to reach out to them to have this looked into, it may take some time to see a response so be sure to keep an eye on your email.  

If you have checked your Ban History, please note not all Bans may appear here. If you have further questions about Bans or investigations we have a few Help Articles below that provide further details.  

Thanks!   

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (528 Views)

All Replies

Re: What to do if your account has been banned or suspended.

Community Manager

Hi @rnm99983889 

We are unable to assist with account issues or actions on Answers HQ. We have a dedicated TOS team that handles Sanctions and Bans on accounts.  

You will need to reach out to them to have this looked into, it may take some time to see a response so be sure to keep an eye on your email.  

If you have checked your Ban History, please note not all Bans may appear here. If you have further questions about Bans or investigations we have a few Help Articles below that provide further details.  

Thanks!   

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (529 Views)