Re: What to do if your account has been banned or suspended.

by musholo

Original Post

Re: no response

★ Novice

I've already done all of those steps. Is it normal for them to take well over a month to respond?

Message 141 of 1,040 (713 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_David It has been 19 days since EA randomly decided to ban my account with ZERO explanation. I waited patiently since the site said wait up to 14 days for a reply after you submit a case. I have over 40 days of gameplay and have been playing since day 2. I and other people in this forum deserve an explanation for banning our accounts rather than being left in the dark. I have never and will never cheat. You guys are a huge enterprise in the video game space. Your customers deserve better than this. Please unlock my account which shouldn't have been banned in the first place.

Sincerely,

MrBoJangles1907 (xbox)

Message 142 of 1,040 (853 Views)

★★ Novice
@musholo Same here, just got banned with no reason 2 days ago. EA anticheat system is broken. Never got banned in any game in my life. For me Origin/EA is done.
Message 143 of 1,040 (853 Views)

Re: I was banned for cheating, but I have never cheated

★ Novice
@gamergamer6969 It's useless for you to complain, my account was banned for no reason and suddenly an email said "using the cheat" with a lot of "categories", including trolling the game. Instead of bothering to think about it, I just created a new account and they won't help you release your account, "For whatever reason". I started to rarely play because I had to repeat unlocking the characters again. Already lazy to train again to try PRO Apex Legends. It's all gone, THANK YOU EA. Standard smile At least, even though we are not "streamers" or "YouTubers", we should be treated the same Standard smile banned = banned, don't unban just because they are a "streamer" or "Youtuber" Standard smile
Message 144 of 1,040 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@DEXTER-1200 For real. The only thing I can think of is that I played a pub game and cleaned up a 3 squad fight as a solo the day before. I have tip top reports from Xbox, yet EA decides to just ban me from my favorite FPS without any explanation. Its been almost 3 weeks without any contact whatsoever. GIVE ME A CHAT WINDOW TO TALK TO A PERSON LIKE EVERY OTHER COMPANY! End Rant.

Message 145 of 1,040 (832 Views)

★ Apprentice
@musholo I’m 3 weeks now after being falsely banned ..
Message 146 of 1,040 (836 Views)

Re: I was banned for cheating, but I have never cheated

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I mean hopefully they just fix the anti-cheat but to be that optimistic about EA would just be stupid.

Message 147 of 1,040 (740 Views)

Banned from Apex Legends, never played in my life

★★ Novice

Hello there,

Let me start off by saying that I have never played Apex Legends. Ever. Not on any account of mine, nor on any computer of mine. I installed the game one morning, and, when I click the "Register" button (the only button available on the main loading screen) I am greeted with a dialog informing me that I have been banned from Apex Legends. Which. I. Have. Never. Played. I can, however, play Star Wars: Battlefront II just fine. I checked all the inboxes in my email. Nothing. I filed a report with Customer support 7 days ago. No response. In a last-ditch attempt, I tried to unlink and re-link my Steam account but was greeted with a page (accounts.ea.com) that won't even load. Throughout this, I was forced to reset my password every time I log in as none of my passwords work. I tested this by resetting it to a password I wrote down. I waited a day, and then tried to log in again. I was forced to reset my password again. Upon attempting to reset my password to the one I used before, I found that I was unable to as "the password had been used before". I know I'm not getting hacked as I have 2FA on my account and I've been tracking password reset emails in my inbox. 

Please, EA,

fix.

your.

game.

Message 148 of 1,040 (799 Views)

Re: Banned from Apex Legends, never played in my life

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @Caatalyzzt 

I was about to say if you had no 2FA then someone could have gained access to your account, but as you have it activated I think you're fine on that front.

I can't really give you a reason for the ban, it could just be a mistake on EA's part but they will be able to look into it properly and see what's going on.

Your best bet is to try getting a live chat up or phone call with an adviser. You can contact an EA adviser here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If no luck then just sit tight and you should at least get a response from your ticket.

More info here regarding bans/ban process: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/electronic-arts-account-suspension-policy/

And more info here regarding linking/unlinking: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

I hope that helps somewhat.

Edit: Forgot to add a useful post for you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/EA-Bans-and-Suspensions-How-they-work-and-how-to-get-...

Message 149 of 1,040 (784 Views)

Re: Banned from Apex Legends, never played in my life

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @Caatalyzzt.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 150 of 1,040 (740 Views)