What's up with this prediction error.......

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

What's up with this prediction error.......

★★★★★ Expert

I reinstalled apex legends today and tried playing again. The first match went fine(almost). I would occasionally see the prediction error like a blinking light, but there was no lag whatsoever. And then code: net happened. Now in the 2nd match, the minute I landed, there was crazy prediction error. I was stuck or just teleporting around. Eventually, I got disconnected due to 'out of sync with the server' error. So that's how it is. The prediction error is ruining my game.    

Message 1 of 3 (3,137 Views)

Re: What's up with this prediction error.......

★★ Novice

I have this problem as well, though it mostly just manifests itself as extreme rubberbanding. I’m unable to move or interact with any objects or open doors when this is happening, let alone defend myself in a gunfight. Whenever it does happen I always get the prediction error symbol in the top right corner of my screen.

Message 2 of 3 (3,070 Views)

Re: What's up with this prediction error.......

★★★★★ Expert

By teleporting I meant rubberbanding too. The wrong word I guess. I switched from WiFi to cellular network. No crazy prediction error experienced. It does lag(rarely) due to packet loss as it's a cellular network. Other than that, it's all smooth. I noticed that my game doesn't lag if I play some on the cellular network and then switch to WiFi. I can't say for sure, but that's what it looks like. I will update after some more experimentation. Here's the link to my other post with all details- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Persistent-lag/td-p/8025288/jump-to/first-unread-message   

Message 3 of 3 (3,056 Views)