Getting kicked out of games and getting penalty for it

by Neverauskis

Original Post

What is Error Code:Cloud

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys since release of season 6 i have been facing this Code:Cloud error nearly everytime i try to queue for a game how do i fix it? 

CodeCloud error.png

Message 3 of 30 (31,141 Views)

Getting kicked out of games and getting penalty for it

★★★★ Novice

After the season 6 update, i just got kicked out of 2 ranked games back to back and got penalties for both of them, first it said code:net, then when I tried to reconnect it said code:leaf, then code: cloud and then just got the penalty for abandoning the game, second time it happened it said again code: leaf, then code:cloud and then that server is full and couldn't even get back to main lobby. After restarting a game I see again that i got another penalty.... So -96 points straight away instead of -48 and 2penalties which may result later that i won't get loss forgiveness anymore if my teammate leaves...

Message 1 of 30 (31,082 Views)

What does Code:Cloud mean?

★★★★ Apprentice

What is Code:Cloud now? 

Hi guys i keep getting this error now what does it mean it started since release of Season 6 of Apex? 

CodeCloud error.png

Message 2 of 30 (31,083 Views)

Re: What is Error Code:Cloud

Community Manager

Hey, can you try a repair of the game and see if that has any impact?

You'll find the repair option by right-clicking the game in Origin. 

The message indicates a server timeout, so some standard steps like a system restart, router power-cycle and firewall re-whitelisting may help too.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 30 (31,113 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey @EA_David  Thanks for responding , i have done the below indicated , i actually did a clean re-install of my windows operating system & i re-downloaded season 6 from scratch quite a job i must say. 

i have also rebooted my PC & ISP Internet Fibre modem. 
i have permanently disabled my Windows Firewall. 

if i check the IN-Game server IP using some TCP/UDP watch tool i can see i'm connecting to a German server even though i selected London which is a bit strange , anyhow. 

German Game server IP - 151.106.58.185 

Germany  Host Europe GmbH29066

if i run a MTR test (constant ping & traceroute) i get below results which is normal have been playing fine since season 0 

trace test.png

but since season 6 launched have been facing multiple timeouts & disconnects , it happened in a ranked game aswell it just kept trying to load back in but it wouldnt eventually it sent me back to the lobby and i recieved a penalty for leaving a game??? 

Message 5 of 30 (31,104 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@M1kemclain247_ZW Also a quick note i live in Zimbabwe / Africa - i have always had between 170-200ms in-game , but its very playable i have been playing fine since season 0 im a long time supporter of the game , but just this season something is up with either the servers / or the way they handle people with higher ping , not sure.
Message 6 of 30 (31,103 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you. I'm not aware of any changes to how traffic is managed this season but such changes are usually made quietly and I'll see if I can glean anything.

Does connecting to the other datacenters(perhaps Bahrain?) have any impact on stability/the code:cloud timeout?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 30 (31,073 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks at least if someone could look into it they may find something , could be packet update rates or something like this not sure. i think its not affecting those playing on under 100ms as much as its affecting us from regions without servers.

Well u see Bahrain is actually further from Africa than UK in terms of routing and fibre routes,  so the ping is actually higher than London which is 170ms ,Bahrain is something like 200+ms which is usually not fun latency to play on. 

Here's my server Datacentre list: 

Server list.png

My next question would be is it possible for us to use the GUI i saw in the dev stream , it showed ping / ms  server packetloss while in game , under the kills Icons? is there a command that lets us see that UI for further troubleshooting? That way we can check if we are lagging in-game,  most games have that UI embedded & optional already. 

Last but most important AWS - Amazon is Live in South Africa Kubernetes went live a couple weeks ago , is it not possible we could get South Africa / Capetown servers at some point? 

Message 8 of 30 (31,066 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra info about routing. I'll chase up to see if I can find anything about a change for higher-ping players, but I haven't found anything yet. 

Unfortunately there's no net graph on the player-side version of the game, it's something I'd love to see too. 

Again, sorry to not have much of an answer, but there's no news on South African servers. It's a frequent request, and we have added regional servers in the past, but I can't make a promise until/unless we get the official confirmation. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 30 (30,970 Views)

★★ Novice
@M1kemclain247_ZW i have faced this problem thrice when playing ranked matches..and on the top of that yesterday 5-6 members of each team got kicked with the same errors in a pro tournament (EU)
Message 10 of 30 (30,546 Views)