Re: Welcome to the STAR WARS™: Galaxy of Heroes forums on Answers HQ!

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Welcome to the STAR WARS™: Galaxy of Heroes forums on Answers HQ!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

SWGOH title.png

Hello Holotable Heroes!

Welcome to Answers HQ! Standard smileAnswers HQ (AHQ) is more than a support forum — it's a global community focused on players helping players. :eahigh_file:If you need help with troubleshooting, want to talk with other Holotable Heroes, or are looking to let us know about a bug, then you are in the right place! 

In this thread you can learn everything you need to know to be an Answers HQ expert and how to navigate the STAR WARS™: Galaxy of Heroes boards. Click on the headings in the Index below to jump to that section in this thread:

Index

Check out the FAQ page for more information on Answers HQ forum as a whole and if you have any questions about how Answers HQ works after that, open a thread and tag myself or another Community Manager in it, and we will do our best to answer them.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 1 of 9 (13,657 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Our Three Boards & How to Use Them

...TL/DR

We're all busy these days. If you want a quick breakdown of each section, here it is:

NOTE!! If you are having issues related to account information / purchases / missing content, please create a Help Ticket to contact the Support team asap. This EA Help article will talk you through those steps. Standard smile

Game Information

The Game Information board is a space where players can discuss the game, ask the community gameplay questions and create gameplay guides. This section can also be used for game feedback and to share your ideas on what you'd like to see in the game.

Technical Issues

This board is for troubleshooting your issues. If you're having issues with your game not running properly, crashing or are unable to log in, take a look to Technical issues board. 

• Your first stop when things aren't working is to read the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Basic Troubleshooting Guide.
  • Before creating a thread it's important to check the board for existing threads on your issue that you can join. If not, Ask a Question here.
  • As said above, Answers HQ is a global community where players help players. Fellow players will jump in and try to help you get back into the game. Don't forget to give them some XP if their post was helpful or answered your question. :eahigh_file:

Bug Reports

If troubleshooting isn't having any effect, you're game is up-to-date and your device meets minimum requirements, then you may have a Bug on your hands.

If you think it's a game bug, check out the Bug Report Boards. You may find an existing thread has already reported your issue which you can join in on but if not Create a Bug Report here. Bug reports help us to compile information, better track bugs and communicate any updates to the community so we'd encourage reporting on bugs and selecting "Me Too".

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 9 (13,653 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Search for Threads & Answers

Before opening a new thread, it's better if you check if other players are already talking about your topic in the forum. To do so, you can use the search bar from that board:

SWGOH search bar.PNG

Take a look at the search results. If any of the posts you see is about the same topic you want to discuss, go ahead and answer that thread or join in! If you can't find anything similar, it's time to open a new thread.

Message 3 of 9 (13,652 Views)

Community Manager

Creating a New Thread or Discussion 

You can open a new thread using the 'New topic' button in any board - Game information, Technical issues or Bug Reports.

SWGOH New Topic.jpg

Please, avoid opening the same thread in different boards - this is considered spam and it's against the Answers HQ Forum Rules. If you are not sure which is the right board for your topic, just open it in one place and it will be moved if needed.

Message 4 of 9 (13,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Finding Your Threads & Keeping Up With New Posts

You can find a list of the threads and posts you've made or answered in your profile. Just click on your username in the right top corner of the page and select 'Profile':

SWGOH profile.jpg

Under ‘Recent activity’ you will see your last posts, and if you click on ‘View all’ you will get to a page with a list of all your posts posted in the language you have chosen.

Keeping up with threads and new posts

Whether you've created a new thread or found an existing one that you'd like to keep up with it, subscribing will ensure you are notified when a new post is shared. For new threads you create, you can subscribe to your thread from the draft page by checking the 'Subscribe to replies' box at the bottom 

SWGOH sub.jpg

If you forget to select that button at that stage, or if you just want to be kept up-to-date on another thread you haven't posted in, you can subscribe if you click on the three dots to the top right of that thread and select 'Subscribe' from the dropdown menu. 
SWGOH sub2.jpg

One more thing, if you look at the image above you'll see a 'Bookmark' option. You can also bookmark a thread for later easy finding through your profile but you won't get an notification or e-mail for new posts in those though.

Message 5 of 9 (13,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Replying & Quoting Others

With busy threads, you might want to reply to a certain post and quoting the user can help make it clearer what you are referring to.

So, if you want to reply to a player, click on reply on the post you want to quote like this:
(Note: if you use quick reply, you won't be able to quote)

SWGOH reply.jpg

Once you've hit reply, you will be taken to a page where you can draft your message and include a quote from that player. The Quote option is in the top right just above the text window (see the image below). Press it and a quote of the post you're replying to will appear in the text box which you can make edits too to help highlight which portion you're referring to in your reply. 

SWGOH quote.jpg

Message 6 of 9 (13,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Editing Posts & Adding Pictures

Spotted a typo? Remembered more information after pressing Submit? That's ok, we've all been there and needed to edit. The best practise is to get the edit in before it's been replied to as changing information in your post after a reply isn't advised nor fair to other readers so try to get that edit in there asap. Standard smile 

To edit your post, click on the three dots of the post and choose Edit Reply like in the image below. This will allow you to edit. 

SWGOH Edit.jpg

How to add images/pictures to your posts

It's best to upload your pictures or images directly to Answers HQ as sometimes images can be removed on some third party site.

There are two options to add pictures

1. Use Attach file at the bottom.
  2. Select the picture icon in the bar and then upload it.

SWGOH add images.jpg

Message 7 of 9 (13,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

XP, 'Me Too' & Accepted Solutions

What are they and how do they work?

• Accept as Solution button - If your issue was solved or if a post answers your question or was helpful, please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
  • Me Too button - This is a powerful button. The 'Me Too' button helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
  • XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts. The ‘XP’ button gives experience points to the user who wrote it. It's an easy way of saying 'thank you' to the author and help them level up in the community. For more information on Leveling Up, check out the Answers HQ FAQ page.

Message 8 of 9 (13,656 Views)

Community Manager

The Answers HQ Forum Rules

Every community has its rules and by using this forum you are agreeing to abide by Answers HQ's house rules. If you click here you can read the AHQ Forum Rules and Guidelines. Please, check them before participating in the community. Standard smile

Thanks folks and see you on the Holotables! :eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 9 (13,654 Views)