Weird screenshots because of not working HDR could they cause a FF ban?

by AliKaliBombali

Original Post

Weird screenshots because of not working HDR could they cause a FF ban?

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

i wanted to create some ingame screenshots for my website.

i used the console command "screenshot.render".

and they all came out dirty!

examples:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184652896@N04/48792073853/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184652896@N04/48792522588/in/dateposted-public/

since fairfight uses the same renderer i'm worried and pretty sure this will lead to a unjustified fairfight ban!

who knows who checks the FF screenshots, maybe they have outsourced the screenshot reviewing department to china and some poor soul in china thinks it must be some type of illegal screen program.

i think fairfight will think this is some type of illegal screen program and ban for it.

i read storys of people only enabling ingame the network performance graph and getting banned for it.

i tried everything possible to fix my screenshots, the only option that has fixed it was to completely disable HDR in the game, but my game doesn't look pretty now.

i have a HDR1000 capable 32" 4K monitor and can't use HDR in BF V. why?

i tried to play in directx11 and 12, reinstalled windows, updated windows and installed newest drivers. still the HDR screenshot problems persist.

however if i enable HDR and play the game it looks good.

when i make a screenshot it turns out dirty and i noticed one more thing, if i minimize the game, for a split second or two i can see the weird graphics and colors on the game screen.

this is not good.

who is to blame for this HDR problems?

Microsoft? EA? Dice? Hardware manufacturers?

Message 1 of 6 (1,264 Views)

Re: Weird screenshots because of not working HDR could they cause a FF ban?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It appears the method you (the fetch command) use to capture a frame does not fetch the right data/layer of the full image. Sinds HDR works with the hardware of the monitor or tv it sends data directly to it to let it render / determain the final picture itself. therefore not all data is present in the computer itself and would be easy to buildup at all. Hope and dont think this does not get you in any trouble with anticheat but if all you do is make a screenshot this should be all normal behavior? Hope they will fix the capturebug soon!

Have you tried other capturetools like that Microsoft in-game console or MSI afterburner or FRAPS etc.?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (1,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No i did not try the other capturetools like that Microsoft in-game console or MSI afterburner or FRAPS, because i don't have FRAPS and i have AMD RADEON VII.

i'm pretty sure the graphics error will be seen on FF screenshot and i think they are not aware of this bug and might ban for it.

i'm not the only one with the problem https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/baak5e/will_there_ever_be_a_fix_for_hdr_screenshots_o...

Message 3 of 6 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how would you feel if you bought an 1100 € monitor + 850 € gpu + 250 € gpu waterblock for your favorite game only to find out that you can't use hdr?

i feel really dissapointed, sad and a little angry.

everywhere hdr is advertised and hdr sold, only in reality it does not work.

hdr is fake.

Message 4 of 6 (1,176 Views)

★ Novice

When you say it doesn't work, you are wrong.

HDR requires a HDR file (like OpenEXR or Radiance HDR) for it to save the extra data. A normal JPG, PNG e t c saves in 8-bit (atleast per default). The industry standard for HDR is 12-bit so obviously a 8-bit file can't save the colour range for an HDR. This limitation applies to Steam, Origin and UPlay (atleast from my experiments). Now, it's said that the Gamebar from MS can save in HDR but I haven't tried that yet.

So the short story is, it works but the tools don't save in a HDR file.

Hope this solves your problems.

Message 5 of 6 (1,022 Views)

★ Novice
@AliKaliBombali Just tested with the game bar and it works. It saves to a JXR-file which you can view in the photo viewer. Mind you that if you want to use it on the web, that colour depth isn't supported so you have to find a HDR to PNG (or JPG) converter.

Default keys are Windows key + G
Then you have the screen capture button in the top left corner.
Message 6 of 6 (1,021 Views)