Weird "air, piston" sounds when playing Apex Legends

by P2_JustForYou

Original Post

Weird "air, piston" sounds when playing Apex Legends

★★ Novice

There sometimes is a weird sound, like air moving in a machine, and it happens randomly troughout the match and it's annoying when it happens in a fight... It happens in 3-4 diffrent tones, it sound a bit like when you open a loot bin or take some crafting materials from the little "things"... Please look into it

Message 1 of 8 (1,703 Views)

Re: Weird "air, piston" sounds when playing Apex Legends

Community Manager

Hey @P2_JustForYou can you be more specific as to just what it is or even grab a recording of it?

Are you sure that it is in-game and not something on your system? That said, on what platform are you having the issue?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,653 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I have the issue on ps4. Sounds somewhat like some one is in lava when you're no where near lava. Also can sound like an air brake on a semi being taken off.
Message 3 of 8 (1,590 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @z2angelic are you able to record this sound for us?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,573 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I will try but I don't know how to send it.
Message 5 of 8 (1,542 Views)

★★ Novice
You can somewhat hear it towards the end of the video. This was pretty mild compared to other times.
https://twitter.com/z2angelic/status/1298684816993292288?s=19
Message 6 of 8 (1,527 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the clip. I'm pretty sure I've had this myself and dismissed it as a teammate faffing around.

There have been bugs in the past where certain sounds would play for the whole lobby rather than in a specific location, and some specific locations on the map where different weird sounds happen, so either of these could be a factor. 

It's kind of hard to tell from the clip, but when it happened to you did it sound like something happening in the environment, or a sound emanating from inside/behind the player character?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 8 (1,465 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening all the time for a lot of players I've been talking to. Either it's random footsteps or random lava burn sounds.

Message 8 of 8 (1,442 Views)