Re: Weird FPS Drops

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Weird FPS Drops

★★★ Newbie

So I just started playing apex again and I'm getting weird frame drops where it would drop from 140fps to 60fps and then go back up to 140fps and then go down back to 60fps and it just does that all the time I've tried running the game in fullscreen and fullscreen borderless I've tried repairing it I've updated my graphics but nothing helps

My specs:

AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Crucial Ballistix 8gb x 2 3200mhz

Message 1 of 7 (467 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium I am using the Razer Synapse. After the stutters happened I tried changing the priority of Synapse or running the game with it turned off and it didn't help.
I trying doing it again when I saw your reply and for some reason it works even with it turned on and on the full 1000Hz frequency. I'm not sure what was wrong.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (343 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@xitraonpepsi Does this happening regardless of what your in-game settings are on? Do you run anything else in the background?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (434 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Hi. I noticed the same issue but it only happened when I moved my mouse. Got it sort of fixed by setting my mouse frequency to 125Hz from 1000Hz which isn't very suitable solution for me tho.

I am running the game on the Samsung Odyssey G9 monitor at 5120x1440. Tried turning it down to half and it still happened. When I moved with WASD and not touching the mouse it went smooth.

My specs:
Intel I9-11900k
GeForce RTX 3080ti
64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200Mhz

Using the Razer Mamba elite mouse.
Message 3 of 7 (429 Views)

★★ Novice
@Draxiee Forgot to mention that it wasn't doing this before the newest update.
Message 4 of 7 (426 Views)

Community Manager
@Draxiee To check do you run any software with your mouse, or is it just a default frequency saved on the mouse?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 7 (357 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium I am using the Razer Synapse. After the stutters happened I tried changing the priority of Synapse or running the game with it turned off and it didn't help.
I trying doing it again when I saw your reply and for some reason it works even with it turned on and on the full 1000Hz frequency. I'm not sure what was wrong.
Message 6 of 7 (344 Views)

Community Manager

@Draxiee Ok thank you for letting us know it seems to be working now, If it pops up can you try a Clean Boot to see if it does it?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 7 (322 Views)