Weapon upgrades

by ggibb65

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Weapon upgrades

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Ataashi  Have been playing for my grandson trying to get him to a competitive level. Playing as a Heavy trooper using DC-15LE, achieved 2 upgrades - reduced recoil & improved Zoom. The problem is it won't let me select the improved zoom whilst reduced recoil is selected. I have all of the upgrades for this weapon when playing as myself and can select any combination of 2. Any ideas why I can't when playing as him?

Whilst I am here, remember this?

The 1st video was from late last year & the second was a few weeks ago. The artifact is created when you target and fire an Ion torpedo hitting another player who moved in front of you just as you fired or you have moved your aim hitting and object directly in front. It stays until you respawn.  Just reminding you that this has not been fixed.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Accepted Solution

Re: Weapon upgrades

Hello @ggibb65 

Weird things happen when you have equipped weapon attachments in arcade and then go into multiplayer. So I would suggest going into arcade, removing all attachments from all the weapons and try out if this issue still happens in the multiplayer!

Fingers crossed! Fingers crossed

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (746 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey @ggibb65, thanks for the video on ability effect staying there, never seen it my self. :P 

On the weapons part, do you have video or screenshot of not to be able to equip it the parts? 

/Atic
Message 2 of 11 (775 Views)

Champion

@EA_Atic  Just found the video. It's a bit long winded but shows exactly what happens.

If I deselect the reduced recoil, I can select improved zoom but not both together. This is using my grandson's profile. My own gamer tag has all 3 upgrades and will let me select any combination i.e. Improved zoom + Explosive shot, Reduced recoil + explosive shot or reduced recoil + improved zoom.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Atic  Whilst I am still posting repeating earlier problems, I have another one for you to follow up.

Had posted last about bad spawning positions that actually locked a player from continuing until he tried to respawn again. The position I am talking about is spawning in the air. This happened to me three times on Endor tonight and took me several goes to get out of it. I had to kill myself by continually firing my primary weapon ( it didn't show as firing but made a noise as if it was in the distance and the cooling bar was doing it's thing. Also showed my health declining. Here are 2 screenshots. I meant to take capture videos but pressed the wrong button.

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II Stuck 1.jpg

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II.jpg

Hello @ggibb65 

Weird things happen when you have equipped weapon attachments in arcade and then go into multiplayer. So I would suggest going into arcade, removing all attachments from all the weapons and try out if this issue still happens in the multiplayer!

Fingers crossed! Fingers crossed

Message 5 of 11 (747 Views)

And about the spawn issue @ggibb65, do you perhaps mean this older bug here?

This bug made the spawn screen somewhere in the air and you can actually still play but not having the view from the character...

I've posted a video in the thread, maybe it seems familiar.

Message 6 of 11 (744 Views)

Champion
@DYSPROssium - Thanks, will try that next time & let you know.

Champion
@EA_Atic - just updating that the Ion torp artifact is not an occasional occurrence but happens every time. Was constant on Crait last night. People kept moving in front when I fired the torp.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DYSPROssium - It is the same. If I had taken a video clip, it would have looked exactly the same as the one you had posted. I also had posted November last year on the issue on Naboo https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/I-got-stuck-on-Naboo/m-p/7143363#M21453. It apparently has not been addressed yet. Just one of those "get to later" bugs.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DYSPROssiumDid what you said and fixed the problem. Have included some screenshots which explain better than I can. I will say however I don't know how The heavy in arcade had explosive shot when it had yet to be earned. The only explanation is that when I switched from my profile to my grandson's Arcade loadouts/abilities did not change from mine. Note: @EA_Atic 

ARCADE:

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II Arcade.jpg

GA - before

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II GA.jpg

GA: after

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II GA 2.jpg