[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number MSI Armor 8GB OC RX 580
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? When Customizing Classes; when matches are over
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? on every single one
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) every time
Summarize your bug 1: The models are too dark, see screenshot for details. Only happens in the main menu, during matches it works fine. 2: It takes ages when I try to go back to the main menu, when matches are over.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the specific menus.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get angry or sad.
What should be happening instead? I should have a fun time playing and enjoying your game.

Please fix.

Kind regards,

Richard

Message 1 of 8 (578 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Weapon and player models too dark when customizing; Menu respone time bugs

★★★ Novice

The link you posted is wrong, as I was using windows build 1809. I am not able to install the "media feature pack for windows 10 april", because it is for build 1803. I already had installed the october package for build 1809.

Windows recently released the media feature pack for may 2019 which is for build 1903. I updated to build 1903 installed the package and can see the skins in DX11 now. Stutterings are gone and sound works fine. So it's a acceptable workaround for DX11. DX12 is still broken.

Spoiler

My first reply to you was deleted and marked as spam. Also my other questions were ignored, so I made a separate thread for the other problem.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (415 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Message 2 of 8 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay that fixed it thanks for your help so far. Is there a thread where I can see the differences between DX11 and DX12 in terms of graphics and performance?

To the other problem: Maybe I can make a video about it for now I only have a screenshot with the loading screen that I see for up to one minute before Im back in the main menu. Always happens after a match ends. Game runs on a SSD so that can't be the problem. Sometimes when I quit the game back to desktop, it also takes up to 10 seconds load time after I click on exit. When the switch to DX11 fixes this I will post a reply.

Message 3 of 8 (528 Views)

Community Manager

@Luzid_dreamR 

guru3D generally do high quality performance benchmarking:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/battlefield-v-pc-performance-benchmarks,5.html

barry.png
Message 4 of 8 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks that helped a lot.

Should I make a separate thread for the other problem?

Edit: OK seems DX11 is no option for me I'm having major sound issues and stuttering in DX11.

Message 5 of 8 (484 Views)

Community Manager

@Luzid_dreamR 

You have an N-Edition of Windows 10. It is likely the following N-Edition specific media pack will help with your DX11 issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4057437/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-april-2018

Download and install that and please let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 8 (464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The april pack does not work because I have Windows build 1809 and had installed the media feature pack from october already. They released a new media pack for may 2019. I updated my windows build to 1903, installed all the updates including the media feature pack and now performance in DX11 is normal. I never thought it had to to with that, thanks for the tip.

I made a video so you can see the problem with the menu. When I dont see the loading screen I posted before, this is what happens. Sometimes also happens when closing BFV.

Message 7 of 8 (396 Views)

★★★ Novice

The link you posted is wrong, as I was using windows build 1809. I am not able to install the "media feature pack for windows 10 april", because it is for build 1803. I already had installed the october package for build 1809.

Windows recently released the media feature pack for may 2019 which is for build 1903. I updated to build 1903 installed the package and can see the skins in DX11 now. Stutterings are gone and sound works fine. So it's a acceptable workaround for DX11. DX12 is still broken.

Spoiler

My first reply to you was deleted and marked as spam. Also my other questions were ignored, so I made a separate thread for the other problem.

Message 8 of 8 (416 Views)