Re: Wanting to change xbox gamertag

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wanting to change xbox gamertag

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello i want to change my gamer tag for xbox is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 3 (894 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hello there overknight,

Here's the official step-by-step procedure on how to change your gamertag:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Change your gamertag on your Xbox 360 console

You can easily change your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If your gamertag was created for you during Xbox LIVE sign-up, you can change the gamertag once for free. Additional Xbox LIVE gamertag changes cost 800 Microsoft Points.

To change your Xbox LIVE gamertag

1. On your Xbox console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag that you want to change.
  2. Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.
  3. Select Change Gamertag.
  4. Note the Priceof the change, and do one of the following:
    • Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag you enter is already taken, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.
    • Select Get Suggestions to view possible gamertags.
  5. Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.

Note Click Add Microsoft Points if you don’t have enough points to complete the purchase.

Once you confirm your new gamertag, the change is reflected across Xbox LIVE. You don’t need to tell your friends that you changed your gamertag — their friends lists will be updated automatically.

Made a mistake creating your gamertag?

If you made a mistake when you created your gamertag and you want to change it, you’ll have to purchase a new gamertag. All gamertag purchases must be made through the dashboard and cost 800 Microsoft Points.

Hope this helps. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (896 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hello there overknight,

Here's the official step-by-step procedure on how to change your gamertag:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Change your gamertag on your Xbox 360 console

You can easily change your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If your gamertag was created for you during Xbox LIVE sign-up, you can change the gamertag once for free. Additional Xbox LIVE gamertag changes cost 800 Microsoft Points.

To change your Xbox LIVE gamertag

1. On your Xbox console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag that you want to change.
  2. Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.
  3. Select Change Gamertag.
  4. Note the Priceof the change, and do one of the following:
    • Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag you enter is already taken, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.
    • Select Get Suggestions to view possible gamertags.
  5. Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.

Note Click Add Microsoft Points if you don’t have enough points to complete the purchase.

Once you confirm your new gamertag, the change is reflected across Xbox LIVE. You don’t need to tell your friends that you changed your gamertag — their friends lists will be updated automatically.

Made a mistake creating your gamertag?

If you made a mistake when you created your gamertag and you want to change it, you’ll have to purchase a new gamertag. All gamertag purchases must be made through the dashboard and cost 800 Microsoft Points.

Hope this helps. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 3 (897 Views)

★★ Novice

If i change my gamertag do i need to change my EA account? Or do i have to log in again? 

Message 3 of 3 (590 Views)