Re: WTF is up with input delay?!

by R-Kerinho

Original Post

Accepted Solution

WTF is up with input delay?!

★★★ Apprentice

Something odd is happening with FIFA for me, I’m consistently at 12ms of ping with a wired connection and TV set up for minimal delay.

I’ve overlayed the buttons on my screen and the inputs are showing instant, however the game is not registering them in time. Touches before passing and shooting first time, horrible player movement. I’ve noticed that when this issue is at its worst, the AI seems delayed too for things like switching on looses balls, headers, generally just odd and incredibly frustrating movements, lack of control.

This is like 95% of games, then I’ll have one that is silky smooth every now and then. 

please can someone pick this up and investigate. I have multiple recordings with the button overlay that show how bad this issue really is. 

Message 1 of 1,505 (14,303 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello, everyone.

We're going to look into this further but will need to gather some details for the investigation. Please provide the following:

• Platform
  • Gamertag/PSN ID/EA ID
  • Wired or wireless connection
  • Screenshot of a connection quality report

Note: this is regarding input lag/button delay. Not speed up lag or disconnects. We're specifically going to investigate input lag/button delay. If you are experiencing disconnects/speed up lag, please start another thread so we can troubleshoot that.

It would greatly help to get video with the gameplad overlay and connection monitoring on-screen. If any of you can provide that, it would be really appreciated.

We also need you to note if you're streaming or downloading anything while playing as well as if you have other devices connected.

Something else you should try before submitting your information is to go through the troubleshooting steps here and here.

**** Accepting this as a solution for visibility purposes only ****

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 167 of 1,505 (15,714 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice
@R-Kerinho It looks like your having connection issues...try these troubleshooting steps lol...... we are all experiencing problems on fifa . Wait till 23 comes out and all the problems will be fixed
Message 2 of 1,505 (14,268 Views)

★ Guide

I got the same thing!

Message 3 of 1,505 (14,239 Views)

★ Guide

Exact same issues on Xbox séries X. Insane delay.

Impossible to correctly Switch my Defenders. IA seems completely loss on the pitch (no runs...) The game IS completely * because of this * delay. And this is like this EVERY years. 

I finally find a solution : i uninstall this broken game. 

Btw my EA connection score IS 98/100.

The main issues are the netcode especially in Fut : 

Lag compensation, Bad serveur tickrates, Packet resend (GVSP protocol)...

Message 4 of 1,505 (14,226 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here connections 95/100 EA quality connection gamę is unplayable git 0.5-1sec input delay ping 26-32 fix this * netcode

Message 5 of 1,505 (14,206 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also experience the same contact ea 5 diffrent times they say cnt find problem on their side while i know its their side because i checked and double checked my internet connection

Message 6 of 1,505 (14,190 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The EA team that completely ignore what you've said and talk to you like idiotic child!

Message 7 of 1,505 (14,154 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You'll notice EA rarely comment on these threads as they're clearly aware of an issue and told not to engage! I read a long post about lag compensation, was a bit of an eye opener!

Message 8 of 1,505 (14,153 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I literally have video evidence of the issue. The button overlay is instantaneous and perfect, but the players are reacting late still.

Message 9 of 1,505 (14,151 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Aljo 

I see there is a thread open here for this issue. I also saw more threads listed around this too.

It’s happening every single game. Sometimes the game doesn’t even react to a button I press. 
the input is delayed by 0,5 seconds or so. 

hopefully you can find a solution soon!

Message 10 of 1,505 (14,115 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help