Re: WRONG SOUND DEVICE SELECTED! NO VOIP! FIX PLS!

by flyinghorse101

Original Post

EA DICE Team

Do you have the same problem in Need for Speed: heat, payback, FIFA 18-20, Madden 19-20, Anthem, PVZ GW/BFN, Mass effect: Andromeda, Dragon Age: Inquisition, SWBF1 or older Battlefield games? @wildbam 

There is a difference between the different games that use frostbite like Battlefield and Battlefront 2 but one thing is in common both use Windows default sound and microphone we don't have a dedicated setting that can force where the sound or what mic to pick up.

From the issue, you are describing you are the only one that I have seen reported and this looks to be an issue with windows and our games. Can always try a new Windows account user with admin rights and see if the same effect is happening.

/Atic 

Message 11 of 20 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic My microphone is working; I just dont hear anyone Raised eyebrow

I also have in-game sound after switching the device...... Of course the engine is implemented differently etc. but all use the same sound wrapper (Idk how to describe). Each title I played got the issue of not using the sound device saved in windows. I can only speak about the games I played (FIFA, SW BF2, BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV) .. everywhere the same Wondering

/;//edit;// It is FIFA17. So a lil bit older.

/://edit2:// you could reproduce the bug by setting your default device to something else and save your headset in the application list as device for battlefield. After starting the game you ll see what Im talking about ;o

Message 12 of 20 (850 Views)

EA DICE Team

Tested around with what you described and same results as you, frostbite trying to use the default on startup and that is why you are not hearing anything even if you force to change it in the windows application list.

Frostbite by default uses windows sound default setting for Mic and Speakers on startup so it's not a bug - but I will send it on as feedback to the team.

If you use your headset/speaker as a default sound device in windows it should work. @wildbam 

/Atic

Message 13 of 20 (827 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic nope. cause I need the default device for other sound applications. Before windows introduced this setting to save a device for an application I had to have everything started.. then tab out and change the default device to have sound ingame.. the other applications dont switch the device while running. games usually do.

so same procedure....

//edit fixed typo

@EA_Atic already explained this to you here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/wrong-sound-device-no-voip/m-p/8447241#M28162

Why is this no bug since we got the application list? My workaround before was "no" bug (read quoted answer above). But since windows build 1803 it is. Anyways I don't want to argue. Thanks for forwarding this! I really appreciate it

Message 14 of 20 (818 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

a few days ago I got the ingame tip on loading screen "Use your voip to communicate with your squad" ... something like that.

Id rly like to but as long as this bug will not be fixed Im not be able to use the ingame VOIP... pls fix.. it's af if your squad is talking and you dont hear anyone... (I see the indicators behind their names)

Message 15 of 20 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

System Specs please. If video is 3dfx windows 10 would not run.

Go to windows 10 settings, Privacy options,  voice activation. 

Change microphone access (Check that bf5 is in the list.)

Message 16 of 20 (729 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@g0merpile my microphone is working. Why do you think Im listening to stuff using my microphone? I simply do not hear anyone. Already pointed that out. This must be a common issue - a friend of mine also hears no one.
Message 17 of 20 (680 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Wondering

one year later.. still no fix ~~ (yea one year ago I made the first ticket about this issue...)

I want to hear the squad-mates talking.. pls fix ~~

any ideas for a workaround? How can I pipe the VOIP-sound-output to the proper/same device the game sound is going to? pls help (ea/dice only, thanks)

Message 18 of 20 (613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

there must be a connection to NVIDIA shadowplay. If the capturing is active the voip/mic sometimes works, but most of the time it doesn't. It is really strange.. 

//edit// ingame voice/mic; outside of the game everything is working as usual..

Message 19 of 20 (518 Views)

★★★ Expert

I recently removed NVIDEA Audio drivers, running all very smoothly now. 

Message 20 of 20 (488 Views)