Re: WRONG SOUND DEVICE SELECTED! NO VOIP! FIX PLS!

by flyinghorse101

Original Post

WRONG SOUND DEVICE SELECTED! NO VOIP! FIX PLS!

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 3dfx Voodoo Banshee
Enter RAM memory size in GB 0.256
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? NO SOUND WTF MENU
Please select your region Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America, Other
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug WRONG SOUND DEVICE SELECTED!!!! NO VOIP!!!
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ‎#50641776 #52536407 FIX PLS‎ watch the video attached to one of those tickets!
What happens when the bug occurs? I CANT HEAR ANYTHING!
What should be happening instead? I SHOULD HEAR THE SOUND OF THE GAME

DETAILED INFORMATION YOU MIGHT FIND HERE:

‎#50641776 #52536407

FEW MONTH LATER AND STILL NO FIX! BUT WHAT YOU DO IS SH*T WEAPON CHANGES NO ONE ASKED FOR! AWESOME!‎

sry 4 caps but I just raged quit.....

this is an engine bug. same happening in sw bf2

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/wrong-sound-device-no-voip/m-p/8447241#M28162 

Message 1 of 20 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Expert
@wildbam Sorry mate, apologies for raged quit or not, About the communication I just want to say:
Please keep in mind fellow gamers and users of this forum like me do not work for Dice or EA. We just want to try to assist where possible. Also without Caps complaining about the recent weapon changes is not helping in finding a solution.
Although I can understand your frustration so enough said.

I have checked: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/wrong-sound-device-no-voip/m-p/8447241#M28162 but still miss a bit the actions done already in this issue.
My suggestions for now are:

In Origin, click Application Settings > More > Voice and it allows mic and headphones ie input, output to be two different sources. So mic might be correct , but it had an unused device for inbound voip.

Also wondering what kind of settings you have in BFV. If I need to check a video, happy to do as well but couldn't find it.
As the issue is already taking one month or more have you installed latest windows updates? Sometimes also with sound latest drivers can somehow solve the issues.

Cheers,

Message 2 of 20 (1,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

yea sorry for the inconvenience.. 

@flyinghorse101  this isnt related to origin - both sound devices set correctly in the origin settings; so nothing Id change there would help. I also did some trouble shooting the ea-chat support told me (this can be found in the starwars battlefront2 bug report). It was a total waste of time and didnt change anything. It seemed the technical support wasnt even able to understand what the problem is.... Thinking

The video I made is attached to this ticket #50641776 - here is the link - I doubt you ll be able to access it without being part of the support team https://help.ea.com/en/my-cases/?id=5002S0000156mQTQAY
Im not able to attach the video to this reply... Idk why.. no error msg is popping up, its just refusing and redirecting me to the answer.

press win+r and type: ms-settings:apps-volume 
this will open an application list. Windows saves the correct sound device; but its not chosen by battlefield/battlefront/etc.. Other applications are working; so it must be a bug in the game engine.

So each time I start a game I have to tab out and reset the device..... but for ~3-4 months the VOIP module isnt changing the device anymore.. as result; I dont hear anyone!

Message 3 of 20 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Expert
@wildbam Thanks for your quick response. The link is indeed only showing cases created by myself. When I check around online I only found origin settings, windows settings to be changed. But as you checked already this looks to be fine at your part. Will have a look around, found also lots of people stating it sometimes works and then not.. So an issue what seems to happen often.. Cheers,
Message 4 of 20 (1,265 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@flyinghorse101 so you might agree .. this is a bug we cant fix by our self? =)

lets see how many month more it's gonna take and how many unnecessary content changes we get until the devs will take care Angry    xD

Message 5 of 20 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I switched back to bf4 'cause.. bf5 is a bullet-sponge right now and every SAR is kinda broken.. but back to topic. 

the bug described above is also occurring in bf4! probably this is an engine wide bug and happening in every frostbite engine title.. sw bf2 got same 

the missing VOIP is really annoying. I hope the devs gonna take care soon.

Message 6 of 20 (1,213 Views)

★★★ Expert

What just happened. 

Myself on an artic steel headset but I watched this morning some news about the new years aftermath on a speaker USB box. (simple logitech Z)

I switched to headphones and start playing BFV.. Then all in game chat (Squad chats) are on this USB box. When I unplug it all sounds back on headset. 
Windows settings 100% sure ok.. Origin settings 100% ok...

It must be something with the engine...

Message 7 of 20 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can we get a fix of the VOIP-squad chat at least? I see the indicator my squad mates are talking.. but I do not hear them. Has this issue been pushed forward to the devs..? how long does this take to be resolved? please not again several months... already waiting so long....

Message 8 of 20 (1,087 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @wildbam  I just tested this in game with @EA_Demz and no issues was present to us, we both could hear each other in game and and the icon was working. 

My current set up: 

• Logitech 933

image.pngimage.png

image.png

/Atic 

Message 9 of 20 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

thanks for your effort @EA_Atic  - but you probably misunderstood the bug occurrence - or did you read the other replies to this ticket? and did this? I doubt.

Quote from the other post:

The video I made is attached to this ticket #50641776 - here is the link - I doubt you ll be able to access it without being part of the support team https://help.ea.com/en/my-cases/?id=5002S0000156mQTQAY
Im not able to attach the video to this reply... Idk why.. no error msg is popping up, its just refusing and redirecting me to the answer.

press win+r and type: ms-settings:apps-volume 
this will open an application list. Windows saves the correct sound device; but its not chosen by battlefield/battlefront/etc.. Other applications are working; so it must be a bug in the game engine.

So each time I start a game I have to tab out and reset the device..... but for ~3-4 months the VOIP module isnt changing the device anymore.. as result; I dont hear anyone!

@flyinghorse101 had a similar behaviour. So sorry but it is not working. I have it each time I play a frostbite title. It is not working. Everything is configured properly. I have sound in ts3/hangouts/teams/discord. The sound device is not simply switching to the correct device. => Bug.

//edit:// even windows saves the correct sound device and I have to tab out to reset it each time is the main reason for this issue .. I already mentioned it above. Also in the tickets I made via the ticketsystem... Disappointed

//edit2:// I already explained this to you ( @EA_Atic ) in the star wars bf2 bug report. this is also linked above.

Message 10 of 20 (1,037 Views)