Re: Can't enter lobby; always thrown back to intro screen

by ZigTheZagy

Original Post

Re: Apex won't get past "continue" screen on Steam (unplayable intro l

★★★★ Apprentice

@AJAHAJAHS @thapchild Can anyone help me explain to me what I'm doing wrong? I'm waiting between the 1st and 5th loading screen (the red apex logo i mean) to disable my ethernet connection and then reconnect it right away, and I'm still getting a code: net error

Message 981 of 1,845 (688 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Apex won't get past "continue" screen on PC/XB/PS (in

★★ Novice

I have the same problem but with my PS4 counsel so what do I do?

Message 982 of 1,845 (671 Views)

★ Apprentice

i think the only time i got the net error is when i waited too long to pull the ethernet or put it back in too late.

I guess your timing when you pull the plug might be wrong.

maybe pull the plug a little later or sooner. in the times it worked for me, the apex logo vanished quickly after pulling the plug. timing might also depend on how good/fast your PC is...

but i am hard guessing here, sorry Frown

Message 983 of 1,845 (692 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ZigTheZagy Thank you man, this video was very helpful!! Fixed it for me!
Message 984 of 1,845 (560 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@toksa-cola I don't think there is currently. However, I have yet to see confirmation that the PC fix does or does not work on console. If you have an ethernet cable I would say check out the info I posted and give it a go. Just make sure that your console is connected via the ethernet cable and not Wifi so there is not a false negative for the fix.

Message 985 of 1,845 (583 Views)

★★ Novice

i wrote this autohotkey script to get it working, you need to wait until its JUST about to kick you from the black loading screen and then hit Q. you can use F8 to spam esc to get rid of all the notifications, F9 will stop the spamming. make sure to put your SSID where it asks for it within the script and launch autohotkey as administrator.

It will take a few tries, be patient, i think it took me around 30-40 tries, but once you succeed (and you do get better every try) the issue is fixed and you can even close the game.

#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir, % A_ScriptDir
#SingleInstance, Force

F8::
toggle:=1
while (toggle)
{
sleep,1
send, {Esc}
}
Return

F9:: toggle:=!toggle
q:: ;connect/disconnect wired connection (tested on Windows 7)
Run, %ComSpec% /c netsh wlan disconnect
Sleep 1000
Run, %ComSpec% /c netsh wlan connect name="YOURWIFINAMEHEREASINTHESSID"
return

Message 986 of 1,845 (712 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hopefully this thread becomes significant enough that the gravity of the issue is clear enough to the developers! I've been playing since day 1. Still locked out of my main account since the game was released to steam Standard smile ,  I can play on my alt account, but yknow, all the items I've paid money for are on my main Standard smile

Standard smile : ) Standard smile hopefully the devs will listen to the community managers when the community managers tell them how seriously upset the players are Standard smile 

Message 987 of 1,845 (591 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok can you help me? I'm

on counsel and it is difficult for me 

Message 988 of 1,845 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mako @EA_David @EA_Kent

The fix that @ZigTheZagy posted which @zaethiel discovered, does in fact fix the problem on PC.  After countless tries, I narrowed down the exact timing and will try to describe it as best I can.

-Get to the main menu loading screen where the Continue button is.

-Click the continue button.  

-When the screen changes, in the bottom right corner is the red Apex logo loading icon.  Normally the icon is smooth in its animation.  Just prior to where it kicks you back to the main menu screen, the logo's animation lags or becomes choppy.  This is the exact moment you have to unplug your ethernet cable.  If you get this timing right it will drop you into the lobby.  PAY attention to the next step.!!!!!

-If you get into the lobby, and the pop ups appear for your rewards, you need to immediately plug your ethernet cable back in and start spamming space bar to clear each reward.

If the rewards do not show up, and it looks like the normal lobby.  Hit esc one time and the small menu pops up for settings or exit to menu.  PLUG your ethernet cable back in.  Immediately hit ESC again and the rewards should pop up.  Quickly spam spacebar to close all the popups and if you closed them fast enough you should still be in the lobby.  

-Join a game and enjoy!!!

Don't give up.  Once you get the timing down, it is super easy.  I was able to replicate it every time once I nailed the timing.  You almost have to anticipate when the apex logo animation lags, as you need to unplug the ethernet the moment it begins.  It took me a few times to clear all the rewards.  Good luck!!!!!!!!

Message 989 of 1,845 (618 Views)

★★ Novice
@Apex_boy_8204 im not sure how you could do it on console, maybe pull out the plug and dont use wifi
Message 990 of 1,845 (857 Views)