Re: Can't enter lobby; always thrown back to intro screen

by grasrich

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@UltraEcke Same issue here. Stuck in a "click to start" loop, exact same problem. I needed to reformat my PC anyway, after a fresh (Clean) Windows 10 install and switching from Origin to Steam, still have the exact same problem.

i7-8700k, Evga 3090 FTW3 Ultra.

Able to log into a 2nd account and play.

Last played 2 months ago.
Message 921 of 1,845 (1,713 Views)

Re: Apex won't get past "continue" screen on Steam (unplayable intro l

★★★ Novice

This worked for me took some time to figure out but it actually works!

Message 922 of 1,845 (1,803 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem and hopeless on fixing it, already tried repairing, flushing dns, and other stuff, still no luck.

Message 923 of 1,845 (1,743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Someone found an actual fix for PC with an ethernet cable connection and I was able to replicate it! Credit to @Zaethiel for this! It seems the reason this bug exists is because there are too many messages/reward notifications at the lobby login screen. This is what you need to do:

When clicking continue a load screen appears.
The Apex logo has 3 load bars bottom right (pc)
Before the logo disappears and resets you back to server screen, unplug ethernet cord.
If it works, you should load into the lobby screen without doing anything. It took me 10 minutes to get it to work.
Once at the lobby screen, you can reconnect your ethernet and quickly spam ESC (pc) in order to collect a dozen or so rewards. Once all the rewards are accepted your game will work normally.

Things to note for this is that I was able to get to the login screen multiple times however if you manage to do so you need to plug in the ethernet cable back in IMMEDIATELY and start spamming ESC or whatever key that will start accepting the rewards after the cable is in. You might get kicked out and still be stuck on the infinite loading screen bug but keep trying! The best way it worked for me was when I got the message: "(Attempting Connection 1, 2, 3, etc. of 9)" and as soon as the screen went black and and the loading logo started to appear I unplugged the ethernet cable and it actually loaded the lobby and I did the process as stated. I can't guarantee this will be easy or reliable to do but it 100% absolutely worked for me!

Another note (and specifically in my case) is that if you do manage to get into the lobby it will be within a few seconds if not less of when you pull out the ethernet cable. So if the lobby does not appear several seconds after pulling out the ethernet cable go ahead and replug it and wait for the menu to try it again.

Message 924 of 1,845 (1,733 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you think this will be doable for consoles ?? anyone tried this out on ps5 or ps4?

Message 925 of 1,845 (1,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DYSPROssium It’s work for my PS4. You are so high solving skill. You are good at than EA. Cheer.
Message 926 of 1,845 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@iceyoyo_007 Please see DYSPROssium Work around at post #760 or 780 that work ok for my PS4.
Message 927 of 1,845 (1,718 Views)

★★ Novice

@ZigTheZagy THIS DOES WORK!!!
It is quite tideous but with some patience it is doable
Important notes from my expierience:
1.) You shouldn't immediately unplug the cable but try to estimate the time before you are thrown back and unplug it in that moment
(i guess you need to reach the right timing when the connection is established)
2.) you need to replug the cable to be able to tell the server that you accepted the reward (otherwise you will get the same rewards shown over and over again)
     But don't stress yourselve with repluging the cable you need to see rewards to collect before repluging otherwise it won't do much since you will get thrown back quite quickly
     If you don't see them click on club and back and the rewards will be shown

Hope this helps in addition to Zigs answer Standard smile

Message 928 of 1,845 (1,751 Views)

Re: Apex stuck at "continue" screen after the new season update

★★★ Novice

@Hungrypilot wrote:

There is no fix.... there is no "workaround"... this issue is not "solved".... please stop furthering this issue as finished.

No it's not fixed but there IS a workaround for some, the underlying issue is indeed not solved.

Message 929 of 1,845 (1,662 Views)

Re: Apex stuck at "continue" screen after the new season update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thanks a lot lcwaicw,this method helped me
Step 1: Disconnect network when the loading screen becomes end (around 4 seconds)
Step 2 : If success, it will into lobby screen. Then connect network and press "ESC" to collect all rewards
Step 3 : It will back to "continue" screen
Step 4 : If success, press Continue and you can play now
reference video (Chinese website) : https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Y541177bY?spm_id_from=333.788.b_636f6d6d656e74.64
I also made a video about it on YouTube with subtitle, I hope it works for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4DtOAOopsB94

Message 930 of 1,845 (1,181 Views)