WC-40376-0

by hayati6004

Original Post

Accepted Solution

WC-40376-0

★★★ Newbie

PS4. Bought game from the US. Playing here in Saudi Arabia. Installed and downloaded updates. But when Redeeming Code, I get this code. Has anyone experience this before? And how was it corrected? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (3,458 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: WC-40376-0

@hayati6004 wrote:

PS4. Bought game from the US. Playing here in Saudi Arabia. Installed and downloaded updates. But when Redeeming Code, I get this code. Has anyone experience this before? And how was it corrected? Thanks.

On Playstation you can play a game from any region on a PSN account from any region, but codes from a specific region, (in this case the US) can only be redeemed on a PSN account from the same (in this case US) region.  So if you are trying to redeem your US code on a KSA PSN account you'll need to create a US PSN account, redeem the code in the US PSN account, and then log back into your KSA account and the DLC "should" be usable.

I verified this back in BF3 on Playstation with a US BF3 Limited Edition and a German BF3 Limited Edition on both my US and German PSN accounts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (3,495 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@hayati6004 Hi, that error code is what folks get if they're trying to play a game out of their region.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/error-codes/WC-40376-0/

A potential workaround is to play on a US account rather than a local one. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (3,440 Views)

@hayati6004 wrote:

On Playstation you can play a game from any region on a PSN account from any region, but codes from a specific region, (in this case the US) can only be redeemed on a PSN account from the same (in this case US) region.  So if you are trying to redeem your US code on a KSA PSN account you'll need to create a US PSN account, redeem the code in the US PSN account, and then log back into your KSA account and the DLC "should" be usable.

I verified this back in BF3 on Playstation with a US BF3 Limited Edition and a German BF3 Limited Edition on both my US and German PSN accounts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 4 (3,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks guys for that response. But the sad part is, my account is a US account. In anticipation of transferring over there. I've been trying to contact EA but to no avail. Any other ideas floating out there? If I don't get a favorable solution by next week, am returning the game to Amazon. Have a Dec 8 deadline.

Message 4 of 4 (3,424 Views)