Re: Voice chat not working xbox

by apotheosis415

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

just switched it on and it's still broke what is the point this EA lot are proper useless every time they bring out a game it's broke it takes months if not years for them to do anything about it pathetic creatures 

Message 31 of 135 (2,943 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

To be fair the game came out a week or so ago, already pushed an update (that apparently fixed a bug to buy coins) but broke more. SO updates look to be coming, but I bet they didn't expect the boom it got, so we can be a bit patient. Also the ping system works good w/o voice, but I really would like it to work of course. :-) 

Message 32 of 135 (2,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As of 1:20 PM est I am still having this issue. I've tried everything and had some conversation with an EA help member on Twitter who tried their best to help me but after no luck. Please keep us posted

Message 33 of 135 (2,934 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

so they fixed it so you can spend money on the game but can't play it wow that makes sense money grabbing fukers 

Message 34 of 135 (2,757 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone,

What settings is everyone using in game for voip and sounds?  (screenshot of this would help)

What headset are you using? 

Have you tried a power cycle and then started the game up? 

How to power cycle on Xbox:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

/Atic

Message 35 of 135 (2,743 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Atic,

I'm on the Xbox One X using the Astro A40 TR's with the USB Mixamp. I cannot hear other players, but can see their mics being activated and the voice to text feature will attempt to convert what they are saying so that I can read it.

I have also tried directly plugging the 3.5mm headphones straight into my controller without the mixamp hooked up, but audio does not work still. A friend has the same issue and is using Polk Audio headphones plugged directly into his controller.

I've made sure the firmware on my controller and on my Astro MixAmp has been updated to the latest version. I have deleted and recreated all xbox ports and redid the port forwards.

I have also tried the power cycling and restarting my modem. Other games work as intended and my NAT is set to open without any issues being detected by the xbox live troubleshooter.

What would you like a picture of from an xbox? console audio settings?

Message 36 of 135 (2,711 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

No luck. Doing this overly general fix is not the fix for this issue.

Destiny 2 and other games work just fine. Yours does not. 

Message 37 of 135 (2,659 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue with PS4! Everyone can hear me but I’m not able to hear them. My voice to text is working properly but I’m not getting voice chat through my headphones! Please send help or updates 

Message 38 of 135 (2,652 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s worked twice

Message 39 of 135 (2,533 Views)

★★ Novice

Xbox 

Message 40 of 135 (2,533 Views)