Re: Voice chat not working in game

by MisterMoffat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Voice chat not working in game

★★ Novice

For some reason no matter what settings I put the game to, my game doesn't pick up my mic.  I've tried push to talk and open mic and lowering the threshold and it doesnt recognize that my mic is even on.  My mic works in other programs and other games but Apex seems to not like my mic.  Anyone else having a similar issue, or am I missing something obvious?

Message 1 of 19 (74,170 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

i was having the same problem but as it turns out windows defaulted a controller as default input so try checking your default devices and insuring your input is indeed your mic and restart game if currently running while doing so hope this helps

View in thread

Message 10 of 19 (71,018 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem... Seems to be an issue for a lot of players. Hope they fix it soon!

Message 2 of 19 (74,130 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah i have the same problem i put on push to talk and it will show that i'm talking but my team mates say they can see me talking but no sound is coming out.'

Message 3 of 19 (73,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On the xbox i dont even see that in settings. I can see everyone with hot mics or their mics chatting on and off but i cant hear anything. I turn my mic on and talk i see it light up but i dont know if they hear me since i cant hear them.

Message 4 of 19 (73,297 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here shows that im talking but no sound. Im using the Astro A40 w/ MIXAMP. 

Message 5 of 19 (73,068 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here. You finaly managed to break this lovely game 

Message 6 of 19 (72,960 Views)

★★ Novice

I am experiencing this same issue, I managed to kinda understand them by turning on the VoIP speech to text options in the settings, but it doesn't even translate sentences properly. I do know however that my team mates can hear me and I am unable to hear their voices, only read via speech to text. This bug is incredibly annoying when I want to play with randoms without needing to go to party chat to hear people. 

Message 7 of 19 (72,831 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
Same problem. Shoes my mic is taking but no one can hear me. My mic works in all other games and applications. Hopefully it gets fixed
Message 8 of 19 (72,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this issue with my HyperX Cloud II. I restarted the game and it finally started working. 

Message 9 of 19 (71,475 Views)

★★ Novice

i was having the same problem but as it turns out windows defaulted a controller as default input so try checking your default devices and insuring your input is indeed your mic and restart game if currently running while doing so hope this helps

Message 10 of 19 (71,019 Views)