Re: Voice chat, game chat, and lobby chat not working from crossplay.

by orangemonkeyrob

Original Post

Voice chat, game chat, and lobby chat not working from crossplay.

★★★ Newbie

Every since season 8 hit it been running fine with no bugs and crashes besides the onces we already see, But reasonly yesterday and today Feb 6-7, the voice chat icon doesnt seem to be working as im playing my friend who is playing on PS4. I assume  this a crossplay bug cuz this happen last season but all we have to do is restart the game and it fixes itself, So im on PC and my friends are on PS4 i switch to Push To Talk and i tried speaking to it, but nothing was coming out as my friend kept telling me that he sees the voice chat icon speaking but no words are coming from what im saying, i tried playing a game and nobodies mic wasnt working so i dont know if it was the game server or the crossplay functuality because no chat doesnt seem to work. Can anyone fix this i need to know ASAP! Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 4 (1,153 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Animatrix13

The Apex Legends team has been investigating some issues with voice chat in cross-platform lobbies for a bit. It sounds like you ran into this issue when you were grouped up with your friend. 

Unfortunately I don't have a time frame on when the issue might be fixed, but hopefully it will be resolved soon. Thanks for your patience while it's under investigation. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

March 17th pc playing with ps4 and still no chat in lobby. 

Message 3 of 4 (915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s been three years, any update? This is still very much an issue today as it was then.

Message 4 of 4 (43 Views)