Voice Chat Volume

by AFloofyLycan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Voice Chat Volume

★★ Novice

I play on PC and the voice chat is so quiet for me that I cannot understand anyone, I know people are talking because I can hear slight sounds from them but not enough to properly understand.

I have a Razer Kraken 7.1 V2.

Does anyone know a fix?

Message 1 of 11 (50,830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Voice Chat Volume

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Partunu 

If your incoming voice chat volume is set at 100, then it might be your squadmates. Especially if they are using open mic. Open mic threshold should be lower(more sensitive) and higher(you need to speak louder). Ask them to lower this and it may solve your problem. It works for me. Other than That, no clue what else it could be. gl

Heart

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (50,739 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Same exact issue after installing and playing with settings.  I'm using an SS Arctis 5, which works fine in other online games, just not Apex.

Message 2 of 11 (50,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Partunu 

If your incoming voice chat volume is set at 100, then it might be your squadmates. Especially if they are using open mic. Open mic threshold should be lower(more sensitive) and higher(you need to speak louder). Ask them to lower this and it may solve your problem. It works for me. Other than That, no clue what else it could be. gl

Heart

Message 3 of 11 (50,740 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@jumanjaydazed Thanks. I also thought the same after a match last night with a guy with a very choppy voice. After the match I went into discord and it was clear and crisp. Since I am new and just sticking to normal mode to learn the ropes I haven't heard many people speak at all.
Message 4 of 11 (50,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah, it's so insanely quiet at 100%. It's not the teammates, as out of the many many random trios I've played (I don't have a squad) only a few of my teammates were BARELY loud enough to hear over the game audio. Even with my headphones boosted way above what they should be and SFX at 20% in order to have voice chat louder in comparison, it's still barely usable.

It might be a big job to fix properly, as I know the likes discord has all kinds of systems voice automatic gain control, but considering that there's no exception to the fact that everyone is too quiet to hear, at least a proper volume control, where we can increase the gain above what the client is receiving, would just do wonders.

EDIT: Actually I've just realised that this was fine back in the early days before voice chat was removed from the Origin client, so it must be related to that.

Message 5 of 11 (50,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RevvEsque any news?
Message 6 of 11 (49,949 Views)

★★ Novice

Don't think so. I've been playing the game a bit lately and I haven't had many problems with the chat volume, given that my system volume is much higher than previously, which might be affecting it. It's still very quiet, but normally barely ok, which is still sad.

Not many people in OCE have mics it seems, though, hahah

Message 7 of 11 (47,000 Views)

★★ Novice

How about fix the MF'n game!

Message 8 of 11 (31,279 Views)

★ Novice
@Krossbonzz Mega bump
Message 9 of 11 (21,640 Views)

★★★ Novice

no its a game problem.. its been one forever and they know about it too... but hey on the bright side we do have 40 different hat keychains

Message 10 of 11 (18,041 Views)