Voice Chat Not Working

by Nezumie-Chan

Original Post

Voice Chat Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

A few seasons ago there was an update that caused my in game chat not to work, at first i thought it was just the usual temporary buh so restarted and restarted, checked my privacy settings and cleared my mac address. 

This seems like a somewhat common bug, so why doesn't there seem to be a real solution to this? I don't want to have to give up this game due to this, but it's a pretty big deal breaker.

I can hear them, they can't hear me, my muted mic icon appears next to my name, but I can't seem to communicate.

Everything else works fine, gamechats in other games and regular party chat so what am i meant to do. 🤔 Has a fix been found for this yet? 

[Admin - Updated thread title to reflect issue and for search results]

Message 2 of 11 (568 Views)

Apex Legends Game Chat Broken (Xb1)

★★ Novice

A few seasons ago after an update, the Apex game chat just chose to stop working for me. Every other game chat works, Normal Xbox Party chat works fine. 

It just shows my mic is muted or that no sound is coming through at the moment but that I do in fact have a mic. 

I've cleared mac address, I've logged in and out like EA supports suggested. 

Nothing seems to work, I want to get back into playing this game but this seems like a pretty decent deal breaker lol. 

Message 1 of 11 (561 Views)

Re: Voice Chat Not Working

Community Manager

Hi @Nezumie-Chan

Which platform are you playing on? It sounds like you're on Xbox, but I just wanted to confirm. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 11 (528 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Xbox, sorry
Message 4 of 11 (491 Views)

Community Manager

@Nezumie-Chan 

Got it, thanks! 

Do you know if you currently have any sort of Xbox Live communication restrictions on your Xbox account? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 11 (482 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is the first season this has happened to me too! I can’t hear anyone and they cant hear me. We still chat in parties with my friends, but other than that I can’t talk to anyone, especially if they have a PlayStation (I’m an Xbox guy)

Message 6 of 11 (478 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I don't have any restrictions on xbox, idk how the apex reporting system works but I assume i don't have any restrictions with that because I'm pretty sure I've never done anything worth reporting, I only played with friends at the time when i got the bug anyway
Message 7 of 11 (463 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Game Chat Broken (Xb1)

★★ Novice

Support claimed it was my headset, went from Rig800s to the A50s, still definitely does not work, so what now 😂

Message 8 of 11 (422 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Game Chat Broken (Xb1)

Community Manager

@Nezumie-Chan 

Thanks for following up!

I know the Apex Legends team has been investigating some various audio issues, as well as some issues with voice chat. Based on what you've described it sounds like the issues you're seeing might be a part of this. I'm afraid I don't have any details on when these issues might be fixed, but hopefully they will be sorted out soon. Thanks for bearing with us while it's under investigation. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 11 (393 Views)

★★ Novice

Ite

Interesting that support told me it wasnt the game. I didnt have to go drop $300 on a headset lol

Message 10 of 11 (388 Views)