Voeld: Gone Dark, Catch and Release, Clearing the Air - NONE work.

by CuticleStrike

Original Post

Re: Voeld: Gone Dark, Catch and Release, Clearing the Air - NONE work.

★★★★ Guide

That new quest (Earn Your Badge) is bugged for 99% of players. Here's the biggest (but not the only) thread on that: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Task-Earn-Your-Badge-doesn-t-complete/m-p/5983709#M10085

I'm sorry to hear it's taking so long for these random collection quests to work. It took someone else three days of continuing searching to get them all. I thought they were bugged for me on a number of occasions, especially since I finished the vault on Voeld first before trying to do most of them, but eventually they all worked out. I definitely had the camps stop respawning for me at a certain point, too, and I'm not sure what fixed it for me, but it was probably some combination of save/reload, leave/return, and progressing various quests. I didn't need to finish the whole game to get them working again.

I think the devs need to take a look at how these things spawn, just because so many people have had so much trouble with them even knowing they spawn randomly.

Message 11 of 16 (1,247 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I am having the same issue. I've done all the same things the op did and no luck here either. I want to have everything possible to do, done before I start the hunting the archon mission. Super annoying. I am loving the game but it is so glitchy and buggy it's almost unplayable.
Message 12 of 16 (1,166 Views)

★ Apprentice

same here. i have looked up videos and guides about the locations. i went to every one of them and nothing appeared. i also think it is a bug. no location is stated on the map. i have done everything else too. i was lucky that i have found all the bodies as well.

i will cruise around again later on but i am afraid i will never be able to finish off this mission if nothing appears to complete it. and i play it on pc.

Message 13 of 16 (1,086 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am repalying on xbox one and had problems with gone dark device would not scan. I swear after 3 years this * should be fixed EA and bioware has become so useless.

Message 14 of 16 (893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately these missions are still bugged Frown

I was trying to do every side task on Voeld, including Gone Dark, Catch and Release, Clearing the Air, and Subjugation. The latter two went surprisingly well, without any problem. But just after I completed Clearing the Air, the planet went literally silent - no kett and remnant spawned, no angaran bodies and resistance bugs appeared in kett camps. I had to restart the game to fix this, but it helped only partially, as I was able to complete Catch and Release, but the resistance bugs were still bugged (how ironic) - they appeared, but when I tried to scan them, they were marked in yellow and scan didn't work. I had to save/reload a few times, and eventually it fixed itself and I was able to complete the task.

It's so dissapointing to see that these bugs exist since game release 5 years ago, and still aren't fixed...

Message 15 of 16 (684 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect: Andromeda, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 16 of 16 (661 Views)